Home
Posted By: papalondog Winchester Stock Doc - 05/02/23
Anybody know of a stock maker or Stock repair man that can keep vintage Winchester stocks looking factory? I have a couple tow chips out and need them fixed. I've tried three different people over the years and no one can come close to making it look factory. Anyone have any luck?
Posted By: iskra Re: Winchester Stock Doc - 05/04/23
I've seen some 'artisan' products works over decades prior, but those folks long gone. I'll be interested in seeing 'who's out there and particularly so if $$$ projections for likely required complete stock refinish checkering 'pointing up'... In this inflationary era! Another consideration as instantly attaching the term "restored" where if to an originality-valued gun, the 'balancing of such work or not. Such often arising in context of fossilized original recoil pads replaced; a recent Forum topic.
Good luck!
Best!
John
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Winchester Stock Doc - 05/05/23
Ok, gotta ask - what's a "tow chip"?
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Winchester Stock Doc - 05/05/23
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

C’mon Gary
Posted By: papalondog Re: Winchester Stock Doc - 05/05/23
It's like a cow only a lot taller..........my bad.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Winchester Stock Doc - 05/05/23
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
It’s what happens when the seller pads the heck out of your pristine ‘55 featherweight with the exception of the ends of the rifle - and ships via us breakum service.
Posted By: 99Ozarks Re: Winchester Stock Doc - 05/12/23
Exactly
Posted By: 3dtestify Re: Winchester Stock Doc - 05/16/23
Originally Posted by papalondog
Anybody know of a stock maker or Stock repair man that can keep vintage Winchester stocks looking factory? I have a couple tow chips out and need them fixed. I've tried three different people over the years and no one can come close to making it look factory. Anyone have any luck?
The “Stock Doctor “ Dennis Earl Smith of Tygh Valley, Oregon.
© 24hourcampfire