Home
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Value my 243fwt - 05/07/23
Dusting off a few. Any input on value appreciated. Likely won’t sell, but it’s fun dusting them off.

13-1/2” LOP.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Value my 243fwt - 05/07/23
These are always fun. 1960 model. The first things that jump out at me is the piece of wood missing from the right side of the stock near the safety lever. Looks like it may have had some pitting on the bolt handle and maybe covered up with some cold bluing. 1" pachmayr decelerator pad. Stock not cut, though, so the LOP is probably way long. You may be 6'4", so that might be alright for you. You better re-measure that LOP, or use a different tape measure, as it's longer than your stated 13 1/2". These came with thin plastic butt plates and the original LOP was around 13 1/2". I'd say the stock has been refinished as well. Moderate edge and bluing wear on the receiver, the extractor shows moderate use as well. Bluing looks good on the barrel and it appears to have the original sights, with front hood. The original sling swivels are a plus.
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Re: Value my 243fwt - 05/07/23
Some more photos

Posted By: handwerk Re: Value my 243fwt - 05/07/23
$1250
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Value my 243fwt - 05/08/23
Nice rifle, i bet it shoots fantastic. People are always on the look out for shooters. What's the bore look like? I feel like you'd wait awhile for a buyer at 1300 and at 1100 it would probably move fairly quickly. As I indicated in a recent post, a much more beat up .243 FW of similar vintage moved off my LGS shelf in less than a week priced at 975 trade/900 cash.

If I was going to sell it I'd get the pad off of it and put a correct buttplate on it.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Value my 243fwt - 05/08/23
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Nice rifle, i bet it shoots fantastic. People are always on the look out for shooters. What's the bore look like? I feel like you'd wait awhile for a buyer at 1300 and at 1100 it would probably move fairly quickly. As I indicated in a recent post, a much more beat up .243 FW of similar vintage moved off my LGS shelf in less than a week priced at 975 trade/900 cash.

If I was going to sell it I'd get the pad off of it and put a correct buttplate on it.

Good post. In todays market, I think that rifle is worth about $1,000.00 as is.
© 24hourcampfire