Home
Posted By: sqweeler Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/07/23
My stainless 375 was dropping a single loaded fired case off the boltface as I opened the bolt.Upon inspection I found a chip off the claw.I guess the previous owner had a habit of snapping the extractor over the rim of a case.Supposed to be a Williams machined steel extractor as it has m-r letters on the underside.It ejects perfect when there are rounds in the magazine due to the upward pressure on the fired case coming out.Anyone know where I can get an extractor? Would one from a Portugeuse gun fit? [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The easy answer is ebay. Why do none of you guys look there?

$54.99 with free shipping. Kind of a no brainer.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/07/23
Thanks bsa.
Posted By: EdM Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/07/23
I have a factory take-off from my SS NH 375 H&H that I would give you but I am halfway between my Texas place and my Idaho place and won't be back to it until September.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/07/23
I thought I might have an extra stainless Williams but I do not. eBay is definitely a fast way to get back in service if you can live with blued. It’s not a Williams unit - if you care.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2849447484...r=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/07/23
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I thought I might have an extra stainless Williams but I do not. eBay is definitely a fast way to get back in service if you can live with blued. It’s not a Williams unit - if you care.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2849447484...r=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I believe I have a stainless Williams.

PM if interested, I'll check this afternoon
Posted By: Bobmar Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/07/23
I sure wish finding a stainless Williams extractor was as easy as looking on eBay! They are pretty much unobtainium!
Originally Posted by Bobmar
I sure wish finding a stainless Williams extractor was as easy as looking on eBay! They are pretty much unobtainium!

There's nothing wrong with the extractor shown from ebay. If you are breaking them, you are doing something wrong. A factory extractor should last you a lifetime. Especially the way most guys don't shoot around here.
Posted By: Bobmar Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/07/23
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Bobmar

There's nothing wrong with the extractor shown from ebay. If you are breaking them, you are doing something wrong. A factory extractor should last you a lifetime. Especially the way most guys don't shoot around here.

I’m sure what you say is true. Especially if you always load from the magazine. For me, the Williams extractor is like Sunny Hill bottom metal and a few gunsmith touches that I’ve always liked doing to rifles I hunt with. Probably doesn’t make a real difference but it makes me feel better.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/07/23
I alway's feed from the magazine,Mauser's & 70's.Still scratching my head how a machined steel claw chipped like that.
Posted By: McCray Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/08/23
That really doesn't look "chipped" so much as Dremeled!
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/08/23
If you look close it's sandy looking like cast.
Posted By: McCray Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/08/23
Weird! Maybe a bad heat treat or something.

And yes, the BACO extractors will interchange with the older versions.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/08/23
That's good to know.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Post 64 claw needed ? - 06/09/23
Got one on ebay.All fixed..
© 24hourcampfire