Home
Posted By: brassman Price check please - 06/14/23
I found a rifle I had forgotten about(I know I’m a sick man) A nib Winchester featherweight xtr in 280 rem.
Can someone give me an approximate value. It is a true Winchester serial number is G17474**. Thank you.
Posted By: WMR Re: Price check please - 06/14/23
A Winchester rifle in a Remington chambering? Is nothing sacred? 😳

Well, OK, you DO have a mint example of a great rifle, which happens to be chambered for a very useful round. So So there’s THAT. Congrats on the “find”. I’ve found forgotten rifles in my own safe before too. My wild guess says you’ve got a $1200 rifle. Real experts will likely be along soon to opine.
Posted By: jk16 Re: Price check please - 06/14/23
That would be a 1980s vintage push feed gun .

Being NIB and in a relatively rare chambering like the .280 .my guess would be a minimum of $1,000 to $1,200.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Price check please - 06/14/23
A lot depends on wood grain. I saw one last year with very nice wood (for a factory stock) that sold for $1,800.00. This is not the norm, but neither was that stock. Without looking at the rifle, it's a wild azzed guess. Pics are always a nice feature. If you stuck it in the safe and didn't use it, maybe it looks like a red headed step child???
Posted By: brassman Re: Price check please - 06/14/23
Thank you for the answers. I’ll try to figure out posting pics. I have several guns I’m going to part with so I need to figure it out! John
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Price check please - 06/19/23
Originally Posted by brassman
Thank you for the answers. I’ll try to figure out posting pics. I have several guns I’m going to part with so I need to figure it out! John

Hey John, here's one I found and I'd say it's priced around what I was thinking, maybe a tad bit high:

Model 70 XTR 280 FWT

The serial # is very close to your rifle. If yours looks similar to this one, I'd place the value at or around $1,200.00 or more if it has nicer wood, as I said earlier. The one I posted a link to has average wood. Not the best for sure, as it is kind of bland and too light for my taste. Keep us posted.
Posted By: brassman Re: Price check please - 06/19/23
BSA,

Thank you. I took several pics. Wood is about the same.

Going to have to read up on posting pics. Frustrating
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Price check please - 06/19/23
Posting pics can be a pain here. My best suggestion is opening up a free Imgur account. A lot of guys here use postimage, but I heard they are starting to charge. Imgur is still free and it's easy to use.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's one of my favorite XTR FWT's.
Posted By: brassman Re: Price check please - 06/20/23
Very nice. I have a couple-one in 257 roberts, 7x57, and the 280.

What caliber is yours?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Price check please - 06/20/23
Originally Posted by brassman
Very nice. I have a couple-one in 257 roberts, 7x57, and the 280.

What caliber is yours?

That one shown above is a first year true short action. Made in '84. Chambered in 22-250. Sweetheart to shoot, and very accurate.
© 24hourcampfire