Home
No bear spotted but it sure felt good having a rifle in my hand again. I need to kill something with this one so I can put it back in the safe.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Always good to take a rifle for a walk in the woods! Forgive my ignorance mister but what caliber and year is your gorgeous pre-64?
I believe that one is a 1939 30 Govt 06 with a Tilden safety, Stith mounts and a Lyman Alaskan 2.5X scope. I would have liked to used a pre-war 300 H&H but they kick too damn hard with that steel butt for my old shoulder.
Too bad we don't have a "like button" or I would be clicking it!
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Too bad we don't have a "like button" or I would be clicking it!

Thank you! I just got tired of all the mindless threads in some of the other forums and thought I would post a picture of simpler things and 80+ year old technology.
160user, simpler things and +80 tech much easier for the us old cobblers to get a grasp on now…. like that old pre 64, the old outdated scope, even the leather sling. Yea, them simpler things still getting it done when your bear comes walking by….wipe it down good before putting it back in safe. What bullet you got in that beauty?
Originally Posted by Winnie70
160user, simpler things and +80 tech much easier for the us old cobblers to get a grasp on now…. like that old pre 64, the old outdated scope, even the leather sling. Yea, them simpler things still getting it done when your bear comes walking by….wipe it down good before putting it back in safe. What bullet you got in that beauty?
Like smile
Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing and good luck hunting!!!
Oct 16th.

A bear and antlerless muzzleloader season

It isn't a round I typically use but for this I had to go with 220 grain Silvertips.
Very nice 160user. We moved last summer and I was digging in the garage yesterday for my 30-06 SPRG handloads, going to hunt with my 1961 M70 when our deer season opens next weekend (old picture). Good luck to you. Odessa

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Very nice! I have a month before I can field one of my old Winchesters. It’ll take me that long to decide which one, or two, or three, to take!
Originally Posted by 160user

It isn't a round I typically use but for this I had to go with 220 grain Silvertips.

Man, if nothing else, I just love hearing about the use of old, classic bullets like that. No lightweight monos, no plastic tips, ....
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Nice rifle in a perfect chambering!

I have two Model 70 .30-06’s, one a 1951 Standard Grade, the other a 1994 Classic Stainless Walnut. Love them, they are my favorite rifles!!
Any day in the woods with a Winchester is a good day good luck on the bears 👍
© 24hourcampfire