Home
Not a "collector" by any stretch but a neat old Winchester.

1951 in 270 Win in a custom stock with an old Bausch & Lomb model 8A 2.5-8 in the adjustable mount.

Can't decide if I should leave the old girl "as is" complete with B&L,..or upgrade to newer optics....it'll get a new recoil pad as the present one is hardened up pretty good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Cool find, hard to say on the scope. Maybe switch to newer glass and hunt that rifle.
Cool rifle. What kind of condition was the scope in?
The scope is in very nice condition.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Very nice. Nice grab!!!
Looks like a very shootable stock to me........

Is it comfortable?

No flies on the old B&L scopes that I have owned or used.

You might want to try it as is for a short while and then decide to change out
components as needed. A new decellerator could be in order.
The stock is very shootable, as a matter of fact it fits me like no other stock, the grip is long and curved so your're not doing the pinky dangle. Great stock. Made the price worth it as it was more than I would normally pay for a Pre'64 of this condition, and the useable scope is a bonus too. This one came out of a Cabela's store. I went back to the store today and bought a 1946 Model 70 beater in 30-06,..it's in pieces already,...need to find a stock for the clover leaf tang and decide on a barrel.

Looks very useable in its current condition. Nice thing about it is you can bed it and float the tube without worring about hurting the collector value. I made my all original 1951 std wt 30-06 into a "shooter" with absolutely no regrets....Just sayin....
I think you could spend a whole lot of money and wind up with an inferior scope. That's a good one, no matter it's age.
© 24hourcampfire