Home
I had my dealer order me a new Featherweight Model 70 in 30-06. I assumed it would be a new SC produced gun. It's marked BACO,inc and was produced in Morgan, Utah. Is it really from the 2006 era? How's it stack up against the New Haven and SC guns? New to Winny's and a little confused with the different plants!
From another forum............

"The FN rifles will say "Made in USA, BACO Inc, Morgan Utah" on the right side of the barrel. They are made in South Carolina, the main office is in Utah."
Thanks, just found a post that talked about it. Now I don't feel bad about being confused, made in SC yet says Utah on the barrel?? Well, I'm happy now..thanks!
I have four of them....very nice rifles in my opinion.
I have one South Carolina-made Model 70 Super Grade chambered for the .30/06 cartridge.

When I first got it, I was not impressed with the accuracy but, after fiddling with the bedding, it now shoots Hornady's 180-grain spire point bullets very well.
I'd shoot it first and see how you like it--no matter where it's made. Isn't Portugal coming next? How will those be marked?
They'll be marked just like this Browning BAR...and this is by no means a "newer" rifle.

This has been the norm with Browning for decades....:-)

[Linked Image]

© 24hourcampfire