Home
Posted By: southwind No more parts - 07/18/14
I used to be able to buy current model 70 parts through Winchester but it seems no longer.

Any good sources out there?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: No more parts - 07/18/14
Have you tried 1-800-Portugal yet?
Posted By: beretzs Re: No more parts - 07/18/14
Numrichs and Midwest Gun Parts are pretty good places. I have gotten some stuff from both of them.

Posted By: southwind Re: No more parts - 07/18/14
Used to be they had a parts catalog posted online and you could go to any model and sub-model find the part off their schematics and order the part.

Now the only firearms listed with schematics and prices are the 1885,1895,wildcat rifle,sx2 and sx3 shotguns.

Everything else is listed under "obsolete parts" and for the model 70 they refer you to Wisner's or Vintage Sporting firearms.

Bsa you will have to be my Portuguese interpreter, I'm a little rusty.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: No more parts - 07/19/14
Ha ha...
Posted By: southwind Re: No more parts - 08/05/14
You can still buy parts for Winchester model 70's you just have to call service department direct 1-800-322-4626. They no longer have parts catalog online but they told me they will sometime in the future "they think" but do not know when.
Posted By: Kitch Re: No more parts - 08/10/14
I'd give Brownell's a shot. They may have some and it would be worth the effort to look. You might try Ernie to see if he has the parts needed or knows of a source. I lost a bolt stop plunger and spring for my 1952 M70 and found both but can't remember where I got them!

http://erniethegunsmith.com/catalog/i174.html
© 24hourcampfire