Home
Posted By: Pugs A Campfire M70 trades hands - 08/17/14
Might as well keep it in the "family". Friend Denny (284Luvr) made me an offer I couldn't refuse on his 1951 M70 in .257 Roberts. Since I had passed on to my nephew the 3rd my family generation P64 M70 fwt in .243 I was short a M70 in the safe and the Bob has been very good to me as a caliber. A MeoPro 3-9 "demo" from Doug and some high mounts and in business.

[Linked Image]

Seems to do "fair" with the 110 Accubond load my other Bob likes. wink . *sigh* well that was boring. grin

[Linked Image]
Very nice rifle and excellent shooting pre 64. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: A Campfire M70 trades hands - 08/17/14
Beaut of a rig Pugs! and you are correct on the "ho-hum", never knew a pre-64 that didn't shoot well. Congrats!
Cool, I love to pass these things to friends knowing most will stay with them the balance of their hunting years. Great deer cal. The BOB is high on my list,Ive just got to move a few along first! v best WinPoor
Posted By: ingwe Re: A Campfire M70 trades hands - 08/18/14
Cool beans Pugs!
Looks like it shoots like a champ!
Posted By: hatari Re: A Campfire M70 trades hands - 08/18/14
Sweet shooter ya got there.
Im big on the .25 bore on Whitetails, I plan to hammer a speed goat or two when the time comes to sell the cattle herd and really retire! Uncounted deer 175 to 215 lbs, 99% were bucks unless a friend put in for a big freezer doe. 90% were bang kick flop. I get little rodeo type moves then down, never had to track or lose one. Coyote Lite mod 70 in 25wssm using 120 PEPs' or 110 gr Accubombs. Same ammos identical loads in a 25.06 shilen barrel 53 pre 64 action with a Borden Rimrock/ Pacific Research stock.
I do not need 2 ,.25 guns so I will sell the Coyote Lite for what I have in her! 800.00 , nice gun ,points and shoots like a mod 12 16ga,nickle steel,24". I will throw in 100 rounds of Win Black box supreme 110 gr accubombs. Sling base and rings go with gun
Leupold VXIII, 4.5X14x48 AO with varmint reticule for 550.00 extra. Will post photo later. I had rather come here first with a known shooter!
Allen,

Glad to see that one stayed within the Fire.

And it has the looks and the accuracy of a real sweetie.

Steve
Posted By: Odessa Re: A Campfire M70 trades hands - 08/22/14
Nice rifle, great group - still in the family - what's not to like!
Posted By: EricM Re: A Campfire M70 trades hands - 08/23/14
Nice!!
Nice rifle Pugs, keeping a good rifle in the family is indeed a very good thing, I've seen it a couple three times here myself. smile
Very nice! You did GOOD.

donsm70
© 24hourcampfire