Home
When they made the synthetic-stock "Classic Stainless" in 270 Win, with a 22" barrel, were they actually the featherweight contour even though they were not marked as such?
Yep..
Okay, did they make any synthetic 270 with a regular sporter barrel?

The guy doesn't know what he has for sure, and isn't home to look at it before the auction ends.

What's the value of a synthetic stainless classic 270?
Yes, they made the classic sporter in 270 and it had the 24" barrel. The 24" models were also stamped "classic stainless", but you should be able to tell in the pictures if it is a fwt. The length of the barrel shank is a dead give away. The fwt's had a short shank and the standards had a noticeably longer shank. If it is truly a "classic" (with the CRF) and it's stainless with the 22" barrel, it should be worth around $750.00 (excellent condition) even in the factory Tupperware. If it is a 5 or 6 digit classic, it may be worth a little more.
Missed it, doggone it. I think it was a fwt barrel, though the pics were so blurry I couldn't tell for sure. Thanks for the help though.
Late into the classic run winchester stopped stamping the barrels with "classic stainless" "classic featherweight" "classic sporter" etc when they did it im not sure I think 2002 maybe 2001. Just found this info 22inch barrel discontinued 2001.
© 24hourcampfire