Home
Posted By: FRST New Haven 7mm rem mag - 02/01/15
Picked this up last week in the ugly plastic stock which was quite beaten up. Had an old pre64 featherweight stock lying around for a few years that I'd picked up cheap. A few hours on the dremel and shes looking a lot better. Just needs a bedding job now.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: tmitch Re: New Haven 7mm rem mag - 02/01/15
Well now, that's different. Seems alot of folk put pre-64 barreled actions in modern stocks but rarely do you see it the other way around. I for one love the stainless walnut combination. I like it! But I think ya gotta lose the brake though.
Posted By: FRST Re: New Haven 7mm rem mag - 02/01/15
Originally Posted by tmitch
Well now, that's different. Seems alot of folk put pre-64 barreled actions in modern stocks but rarely do you see it the other way around. I for one love the stainless walnut combination. I like it! But I think ya gotta lose the brake though.

I agree. She came with the brake which I'll leave there till I get a thread protector. But yeah, the classic stock needs the classic barrel.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: New Haven 7mm rem mag - 02/01/15
Very nice.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: New Haven 7mm rem mag - 02/01/15
Looks good...my only worry would be how well the low comb stock will allow for head/eye placement for use with a scope.
Posted By: FRST Re: New Haven 7mm rem mag - 02/01/15
She's fine, I'm quite tall so that probably helps. I'd already scoped a couple of pre64's too so I knew it'd work, the difference between the two is less than half n inch where my head rests.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: New Haven 7mm rem mag - 02/02/15
Well then, go fill an ark, as Dober used to say!
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: New Haven 7mm rem mag - 02/02/15
I always thought the combination of stainless and wood was attractive. If that stock was in more or less original condition, I'd bet some folks who needed a replacement for their Pre '64 Featherweight are shedding a tear or two.
© 24hourcampfire