Home
Came Across A Winchester 37 Red letter In 28Ga. Last Week.The Gun Was a Solid 85%. 28" Full Chock With 2 7/8" Chamber. Pig Tail Trigger. Only The Second One I'd Ever Seen. Guy Was Asking $3200. Thought That Was a Little High..What Your Input..
Yup.
Overpriced by about 3000.00 dollars.
I'd pay some serious coin for a 28 gauge Model 12 but the M37 doesn't warrant that kind of cash.
I've got a minty 370 in .410 that cost me 75 dollars. Not a lot of difference or at least not three thousand difference.
Ah, yeah. NO. He's dreamin'. Kaywoodie could prolly give you a better idea of actual value.
Originally Posted by POPGUN
Yup.
Overpriced by about 3000.00 dollars.
I'd pay some serious coin for a 28 gauge Model 12 but the M37 doesn't warrant that kind of cash.
I've got a minty 370 in .410 that cost me 75 dollars. Not a lot of difference or at least not three thousand difference.

for serious winchester 37 red letter collectors, a pigtail 28 ga IS the holy grail. in fact if it looks too good i would be afraid it was a fake. never underestimate what a guy with disposable income will spend on something he really wants and are far and few between.my .02 on it
"never underestimate what a guy with disposable income will spend on something he really wants and are far and few between."

Wise words. And it never ceases to amaze me the things different people collect. Did you know there is a collector market for old cast iron cookware? I've seen a piece go for over $1K. I'm sure they are just as amazed at what some of us will pay for a gun. All kinds of collector markets out there.
© 24hourcampfire