Home
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=469794964

Buy now $1650 IIRC.
Don't remember what the last LH70 .338 went for but it seems like a couple hundred less. Who knows anymore
Well, some are paying over $2000 for Zytel skeleton stocked Rugers. Gee, assuming that multi-part brazed Winchester bolt holds up I would think Winchester product is little bit better. Oh look, you also get extra trigger guard and all important Winchester marked recoil pad, yeh baby!
Dog Dam Slavek, there may be a little hope for you after all! LMazzO. v best winpoor
Well, the brazed joints on Winchester bolt almost never fail being a true rarity. I would not change Winchester for a Ruger. There is one particularly outstanding Ruger in old form (tang safety model) bolt gun in .35 Whelen. That particular gun is cat's meow. The handling and balance is excellent due to rather large hole in standard weight barrel blank.
Slavek they made another IM still kicking my on AZZ over selling, in mid 70's I bought a new tang safety varmint in 220 swift, I did not know at the time but Douglas made the barrels.When I sold that gun in the late 90's to buy my Winchester varminter in 220 swift I had run thru over 3K rounds of factory ammo and the gun would still shoot .75 !. The guy in NM that bought it says he is shooting a .5 with it today, I bought the slower 55gr Hornady custom ammo by the 2 and 3case lots from Lock,Stock and Barrel. My Winchester is as accurate but a hell of a lot pickier on ammo. The dam ruger would shoot what ever you could buy and cram in it good! Dam I miss that gun! very best winpoor
Hard to believe what some people will pay for a certain rifle.

I bought one of those in a lefty 7 Mag last year for about $500 all in. It's now a 416 Rem Mag owned by my oldest son.

But, I've also made more than a few bucks flipping 788's to members of that cult.

Dang crazy prices! My brother has two M70 Classic lefties - one in 300 Winny and the other in 338 and both have nice wood.

Not sure he knows what they may be worth.....
It sold for $1650. Prices are still edging up on the blued ones, very few SS ones show up any more.
I bought 3 last year and these prices are making me think I should sell. The only thing holding me back is not knowing what to replace them with. Prices are very high.
Originally Posted by tmitch
It sold for $1650. Prices are still edging up on the blued ones, very few SS ones show up any more.

I still have a line on a very nice lefty 300 win mag. It comes with 2 stocks and I can probably snag the package for $800.00...
I haven't seen very many lefty .300 win mags go for sale. Don't think they'd bring .338 prices but would have to beat the 7mm rem mags. The last blued 7mm went for $728 on GB, although the blueing was damaged.
There's a pre-64 "lefty" .270 on GB now. This guy's fulla crap on a couple of his Winnys.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=470585437
There's a pre-64 "lefty" .270 on GB now. This guy's fulla crap on a couple of his Winnys.

I'm no expert, but I'd bet serious money that stock didn't come from Winchester.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I still have a line on a very nice lefty 300 win mag. It comes with 2 stocks and I can probably snag the package for $800.00...

A what? smile I ain't sayin' nothin'
Originally Posted by GunDoc7

I'm no expert, but I'd bet serious money that stock didn't come from Winchester.

I don't think you'd find anyone here that would take that bet wink
He also has a '73 Winchester that he says the stock finish is original when it's plain to see it's been sanded way below the metal surfaces.
© 24hourcampfire