Home
Posted By: BCJR school me on this stock please - 03/28/15
I have this pre 64 standard stock. My 1954 standard 06 goes right in. The butt plate is metal and flat , no inlett into the top of the stock.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Picture of the plate itself would be helpful, but most likely a steel target plate standard on Marksman stocks and also available through special order....
Here is a picture of the plate , pattern looks the same as other pre 64's
[Linked Image]
Not a target plate, not sure what you have there....
Judging from the picture as best as I can see it, it looks thinner than usual. My experience is pretty limited compared to a majority of the guys on here but I've not seen a steel or alum. plate of that type (with the diamonds and outline) without the widow's peak. Are you fairly sure the stock is fac. Winchester?
John
I've seen some guys take the widows peak off of the butt plate when the stock has been shortened. I've actually done it myself when I had a newer stock with the infamous plastic butt plate that was cracked. Pulled the damn plastic off and put a steel plate on and never had to worry about it cracking or breaking again... wink What's the OAL of the stock pictured. That would tell us if it's been shortened. Also, you don't give us too much to go on with that picture. Let's see the checkering pattern and barrel channel. That would help us figure out when the stock was made...
weird thing is the lop is right about where it should be , the rest of the stock looks all correct , if its a "duplicated" stock some one did a fine job. Thanks for the reply's.
That doesn't tell us how long it is... It can "look" like it's just like any other stock for LOP. Break out the tape measure.. Do you have any other pics like I asked about earlier?? Sling swivels are out so we can't even make an educated (eyeballed off the computer screen) guess as to how long the LOP is. My guess is, still, the stock has been cut..
© 24hourcampfire