Home
Hi all. I have a Winchester 1912 12 gauge shotgun that I am considering trading off this weekend. It's a pretty plain version with no checkering on the stock and a plain (no rib) 30" barrel. Full choke, 2 3/4" chamber, decent shape. No rust. S/N indicates 1914 manufacture date.

Any idea on the value and demand for these? It's been in my safe for years and sees no use. I would like to trade it for a bolt centrefire for my son to use deer hunting this fall. Thanks!

SS
In generally well used to poor condition with recoil pad installed and/or cracked stock or forearm about two hundred.
All original but normal wear about two fifty to three fifty.
All original and minty five to six hundred for the regular field gun version such as you have there.
Hope that helps. Other opinions may vary but 12 gauge field guns are the most common.
Sixteen and twenty gauge demands higher prices and 28 gauge is unobtainium pure gold.
No shotgun expert but on our side of the border $300 +- $50 in good shape. Anything more than 300 you'd probably need to be patient or it would have to be in very good condition.
if your model 1912 is from 1914 it would be from the 1rst year that the 12 gauge model 12 was cataloged..should add a little more interest to your gun....
Thanks all. Heading to a big gun show this weekend so I'll see what I can do for a deal.

SS
© 24hourcampfire