Home
Hey guys, check this one out. I thought about adding this to my collection, but it's just a little too rough. Really not bad, just not quite the condition I'm accustomed to buying. Price doesn't seem to be bad:

243 fwt

This one was built in '56 (not '57 as the op states). Not a bad piece for the money. Anyone looking for a nice 243 fwt??? He says "It has too much class for a lefty", so I'm out... laugh.. Just kidding, I know he's a lefty too.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Hey guys, check this one out. I thought about adding this to my collection, but it's just a little too rough. Really not bad, just not quite the condition I'm accustomed to buying. Price doesn't seem to be bad:

243 fwt

This one was built in '56 (not '57 as the op states). Not a bad piece for the money. Anyone looking for a nice 243 fwt??? He says "It has too much class for a lefty", so I'm out... laugh.. Just kidding, I know he's a lefty too.

Thanks for the help!

I changed the DOM in the post last night to the correct date of 1957.
This fwt .243 is to me a 1000 gun, I would have the wood redone and find a hood and sight, eazy fix and shoot hell out of it. I bet it is very accurate, more so that most of the nuts behind the trigger and would make a very nice varmint, whitetail gun with the ammos we have now! I would want BSA's Leupold DD's and a 4.5x 14 x 40 AO scope with the varmint reticule.... A man or lady,kid could take that rig and 'do it all' in style! Ive to many irons in fire or I would be all over it! very best WinPoor
I wouldn't redo the wood if your going to hunt with it. I'd find a blank for the rear sight and a hood add a good 3x-9x scope and it's a great deer rifle IF you use a good bullet and proper shot placement. I have shot a truck load of Whitetail, Muleys and Antelope with a 243.
I've seen deer shot with the 243. Always seemed to put them down just fine...
Originally Posted by GSPfan
I wouldn't redo the wood if your going to hunt with it. I'd find a blank for the rear sight and a hood add a good 3x-9x scope and it's a great deer rifle IF you use a good bullet and proper shot placement. I have shot a truck load of Whitetail, Muleys and Antelope with a 243.

Sounds like it went to a good home.
It did smile Now I just need a few parts.
Mr GSP, Dog gone I know you have a .243 that will shoot eyeballs out! v best winpoor
Thanks Winpoor. I'm sure it will do the job just fine.
© 24hourcampfire