Home
94 94 94 94 94.
seems thats all we hear.
but the 64 with its pistol grip was so much more comfortable to hold.
any insights?
Longer and more expensive.

The Depression and WWII, The 94 and the 70 did not help! I have seen and held 1 in zipper at the Matt Eastman gun show, Shrine Temple in Albany GA, I had the correct change and wanted to buy it , my Dad that was born in the Depression said son that is to much money! I went back the next day without Dad and it was gone, I bought a NIB mod 43 Hornet. Every year I cropdusted, 17 I would buy a Winchester of some sort. very best winpoor
64'S ARE NICE. [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Easily my favorite lever gun of all time.

No idea why it didn't take off, other than a high price at low times.
It HAS taken off.

Just a bit late.

I like mine, in .32. It has a Lyman receiver sight. Nice outfit.
Bob

[Linked Image]

The timimg of the 64's release couldn't have been much worse....In the throes of the Great Depression a gussied-up working man's deer rifle was about the last thing on the average hunter's mind. Why pay for premium features in cartridges available in the cheaper and perfectly serviceable 94 carbine?
64s are great until you get ahold of one of those Levers made in Chicopee Falls.
They beat a 94, a 64, and an 88.
I like mine too. It is a 219 Zipper.

donsm70
Originally Posted by RGK
I like mine, in .32. It has a Lyman receiver sight. Nice outfit.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Bob, that is one nice looking 64. Probably do about anything you need it to do, too.
Originally Posted by TheOldTree
64s are great until you get ahold of one of those Levers made in Chicopee Falls.
They beat em for ugly that's for sure.
Originally Posted by TheOldTree

Now that's funny....
© 24hourcampfire