Home
Is there enough meat there in a 30-06 for barrel to take this rebore?
I don't think I'd try it with a fwt barrel. You'd be better off with a std wt barrel.. Curious to see what the others think as well..
I would call Jess up at JES rebore he will tell you if I remember right if the muzzle is .750 he can do the rebore. My buddy ended up doing his 9.3x62 on a std weight contour barrel. His rifle started of as stainless classic in a 06.
The featherweight was chambered for the 358 Win with a .358 bore and the 9.3 is .366. I once rebored and rechambered a featherweight barrel to 338 Win. Mag. I now do not feel comfortable with the rebore. The fly in the ointment is the rear sight dovetail cut. The barrel gets real thin at this point. I once met the famous barrel maker Paul Marquart. He had only part of one hand, the results of a barrel of his blowing up.
The featherweight was chambered for the 358 Win with a .358 bore and the 9.3 is .366. I once rebored and rechambered a featherweight barrel to 338 Win. Mag. I now do not feel comfortable with the rebore. The fly in the ointment is the rear sight dovetail cut. The barrel gets real thin at this point. I once met the famous barrel maker Paul Marquart. He had only part of one hand, the results of a barrel of his blowing up.
Thanks for the informative post stuvwxyz.....
Thanks for the informative post stuvwxyz.....
I had a rebore done by Jess on a standard weight to a 9.3 with no problems. Have also had a pre-64 Fwt. done to 358 Win to clean up a bulged barrel with no issues. I'm going to have another standard 7 mag punched to 358 Norma as soon as I can get it sent out the door to him.
Pm sent
© 24hourcampfire