Home
Posted By: plumashntr Model 70 bedding - 06/20/15
I have always bedded my model 70s at the recoil lug recess and back to the mag well and a dab on the tang. I just got a classic featherweight .243 for a deal that my younger son can start off practicing on. I dug out the hot glue but i am contemplating on if i should bed the whole action from the recoil lug back all the way to the tang. What does everyone recommend?
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Model 70 bedding - 06/20/15
I have always followed Bansner's directions.
http://hightech-specialties.com/installation_instructions.html
I am quite sure he knows a lot more than I and all my friends will ever know about that topic.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Model 70 bedding - 06/20/15
Originally Posted by patbrennan
I have always followed Bansner's directions.
http://hightech-specialties.com/installation_instructions.html
I am quite sure he knows a lot more than I and all my friends will ever know about that topic.

I'm sure he does too. I've had to bed some bansners and they were a pain in the azz. Mainly getting the actions to center up in their stocks.... sick
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Model 70 bedding - 06/21/15
I have not had that problem with any of the bansners I have worked on. Nice stocks that fit me well and soak up recoil nicely.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Model 70 bedding - 06/25/15
recoil lug, all around it sides, bottom
might even consider pillars in it
and light bed of floor plate
tang, all around it very carefully
1st 3/4th s to 1.5 inch of barrel channel also(I did 3/4ths)
float rest of barrel
consider very light bedding along sides of receiver bout 1/4 inch in width and less than 1/8th in depth
and you might look at having to stress relief the magazine box by grinding very slightly on it with a dremel drill if it seems tight when reassembling it.
I did this stuff myself long ago.
and also had my uncle in maine do a trigger job(cut 3/4ths of one coil wrap on the trigger spring) and honed the sear, passed bounce test and slam bolt test

I have a very accurate 2nd year run new haven crf classic sporter ot6
Posted By: winchesterpoor Re: Model 70 bedding - 06/28/15
You guys should look back over these post and look at BSA's bedding threads, did he not live on the other corner of the USA , I would have him bed mine! very best WinPoor
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Model 70 bedding - 06/28/15
Well thanks buddy. I appreciate the compliment. I only bed them so they shoot better. I love good shooting model 70's grin . However, some of the magnums should be bedded to protect the stock from cracking.
© 24hourcampfire