Home
elk, 1917, and one else who cares to chime in.. I am looking at a model 70 Super Grade in .300 Win. Mag.. It has a beautiful piece of wood on it so that is the attraction.. On my 700's the magazine box is very long and I can seat the bullets out much farther than say an m 77.. I didn't check when I looked at the rifle how long that magazine is.. Too many rifles have a short magazine and a long throat, so seating the bullet out is impossible..

For you model 70 guys, how long is that magazine box in the model 70.. It is 50 miles from here and if I make the trip just to get the rifle, I would like to besure it is what I want.. I am going to trade another 70 on it.. After having one of the newer model 70's I really like them, just not sure about the magazine.. Many thanks..
WCH: The magazine will be long enough to handle the 300 Win Mag loaded to 30/06 OAL. Unless of course the new ones are different from the Classic, which I doubt.

But the action itself is H&H sized so you can swap out the mag box, bolt stop,follower and ejector for H&H and then seat as long as the throat allows. I have done 3-4 of the Classics that way,but used to buy the parts from New Haven. Have no idea where to get them right now.

Bob, Thanks.. This is what I thought the case would be..
© 24hourcampfire