Home
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Very Fair Price - 10/01/15
From a reputable gunsmith, with good optics.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=511298423

Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Very Fair Price - 10/01/15
If you say so... wink
Posted By: 79S Re: Very Fair Price - 10/01/15
Uh that price puts you right in the hunt for an all original pre 64 Alaskan in a 338... Or the classic like this one in the add for less than a grand I seen then sell for less than $750.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Very Fair Price - 10/02/15
While the rifle isn't everyone's cup of tea, it really isn't a bad value considering the sum of the parts. Stainless M70 donor, Shilen barrel & brake (hate em or not, they cost $$), custom stock (that's not a Boyds), $700 in optics plus the G-smith labor to fit it all together and I don't doubt he's got 3K in it. Heck, Hill Country Rifles want $2300 for a factory M70 barreled action fitted to a McMillan stock and no optics. Another example of custom guns being a poor investment to the original owner/builder.
Posted By: hawkman0206 Re: Very Fair Price - 10/02/15
If only it were a lefty... (sigh). I want a M70 in 338. Anyone that has one for sale, let me know. It needs to be left handed. I'm pulling my hair out of my head looking for one, and this isn't making it any better.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Very Fair Price - 10/03/15
You're not alone. A lot of us just shoot right handed rifles.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Very Fair Price - 10/03/15
Originally Posted by local_dirt
You're not alone. A lot of us just shoot right handed rifles.

Yep, unless you like looking at a monkey fu cking a foot ball..... That's me trying to shoot a left handed bolt rifle.. Just too many years running a righty...
Posted By: pal Re: Very Fair Price - 10/03/15
Originally Posted by tmitch
While the rifle isn't everyone's cup of tea, it really isn't a bad value considering the sum of the parts...

Resale on a custom rifle is not likely worth the sum of its parts.
© 24hourcampfire