Home
I bought a model 70 made in 1948 chambered in 30 Gov’t ’06 standard grade during lunch today. I would say it is in good condition, it has been used but not abused. The bluing is worn off the bolt handle and there are a few scuffs on the stock. I will post some pictures later tonight.

Anyway, I am just wondering what this thing is worth.
It is worth what you paid for it.
I think a lot depends on condition and if it is all original or "modified". It is not a rare model or chambering, though being a cloverleaf tang with the newer safety (I am assuming) makes it a little different from anything a couple years or more newer.
Cloverleaf tang?

School me on how to judge the condition of used guns. Any good websites to read up on the subject?

As far as modifications go it has a scope mounted on it and the iron sights removed. Nothing else looks like it was messed with.
From what you've stated thus far I'd say $750
Originally Posted by dodgepu360
Cloverleaf tang?

School me on how to judge the condition of used guns. Any good websites to read up on the subject?

As far as modifications go it has a scope mounted on it and the iron sights removed. Nothing else looks like it was messed with.

[Linked Image]
Was in a small shop today and they had a standard 200,000 range .30-06 with hang tags that had the serial number. A strong 75% rifle for $1000. Probably could have got it for less.

Also a Hornet in about the same. $2695.
ok here are some pictures

Attached picture IMG_1310.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1311.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1312.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1313.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1314.JPG
2 more

Attached picture IMG_1316.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1317.JPG
Scope come with it?
What I see is a nice shooter, not all original, read that as of interest to a collector. (recoil pad, no sight hood, no rear sight, not sure about stock finish)
Yep, nice shooter. Looks like the front sight has also been removed. Finish looks kinda light for a '48 stock, but it may be the lighting. If one really wanted the gun, guess in the neighborhood of $600.00 (give or take $50.00) would be a fair price....
I'm with Pocono on this one... $650 at best....
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I'm with Pocono on this one... $650 at best....

This. Though it is kinda hard to tell from the low quality photos.
© 24hourcampfire