Home

The delema I always have when buying a rifle is the length of pull. I lucked out in that my first centerfire requiring a scope was a M70 compact. Not until I scoped a non compact did I discover I had to crawl to the scope to get a good sight picture. On the bench I was fine. In the field I was not.

So - I had to take care of a brand new FN featherweight I knew just didn't fit me no matter how I tried to say it did.

Well - now it does do here are pictures of the process.

Cutting close to the 5/8" I need removed with a handsaw is nerve racking!!

[Linked Image]

Grinding down to the scribe line with a 60 grit belt and switching to a 120 grit to get things nice and flat.

[Linked Image]

After the pad is reinstalled I use a 36 grip belt to get the excess pad shape removed. Then get real close with 60 grit and then just hit the tape with 220 grit.

[Linked Image]

Turned out well!!!

[Linked Image]

Now this rifle is begging to be sighted in and it feels like it is MINE!

[Linked Image]
Looks like you did a great job on that one. The proper LOP is so critical. Glad you got that one to fit you a little better. Nice rifle too. Let us know how that 243 shoots for you..
I can tell this one is a tad more front heavy than the 20" compact that has shorter barrel and shorter front stock area but I almost think this one settles in off hand better with that slight balance difference. I'll know soon how she shoots I hope.
© 24hourcampfire