Home
Posted By: Gartenmeister Value of a 62A? - 01/26/16
Hi, I'm new here. A neighbor has asked me to help value a couple of rifles for him. I also own one of these, but don't know the collectors markets. I'd appreciate comments from those with more experience than I.

The condition as Very Good, maybe near Excellent. Blue is 98% with some scattered very light rust spotting and some scuffs on top of the "bolt." The wood is near perfect with just a few dings. Bore is great. The action has very little wear. Rifle has been in storage since the 1950s. Serial 3019xx indicates 1953 DoM.

In good shape I see these listed at retail for around $1500, but I am unsure if that is realistic. It seems high. What do you guys think for a private party value? $1000?

Thank you in advance.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Value of a 62A? - 01/26/16
Very cool little gallery gun you got there. Books would suggest $1,150-$1,500.00.... Cool that a new guy knows how to post pictures....
Posted By: balltownbob Re: Value of a 62A? - 01/27/16
The gallery gun version was in .22 Short only...$1,250 is reachable on this rifle, IMO, when the right person sees it.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Value of a 62A? - 01/27/16
I once owned a 62A, thoroughly enjoyed the little rifle. For some reason collectors seen to prefer the 62 and prices are therefor a little stronger for the 62 vs. the 62A. I may be wrong, but weren't gallery guns chambered for "short only"? Most shooting galleries used frangible bullet ammunition rather than lead bulleted ammo, this was only available in short.
Posted By: Gartenmeister Re: Value of a 62A? - 01/27/16
Yes, this is the regular version, not gallery.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Value of a 62A? - 01/27/16
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I once owned a 62A, thoroughly enjoyed the little rifle. For some reason collectors seen to prefer the 62 and prices are therefor a little stronger for the 62 vs. the 62A. I may be wrong, but weren't gallery guns chambered for "short only"? Most shooting galleries used frangible bullet ammunition rather than lead bulleted ammo, this was only available in short.

That's what Bob said about 22 Short only....
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Value of a 62A? - 01/27/16
Had a senior moment and missed that.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Value of a 62A? - 01/30/16
[Linked Image]
I got a 1946 92a 99% condition, except for a scope, at a garage sale in 2000 for $200.
All the guns but one were bought before I got there.
This was all that was left.
I have never seen a gun at a garage sale since, and since Dec 2014 it would be illegal in this state.
Posted By: Gartenmeister Re: Value of a 62A? - 01/31/16
Originally Posted by Clarkm

I have never seen a gun at a garage sale since, and since Dec 2014 it would be illegal in this state.

That is too bad. Guns at yard sales are very common here.
© 24hourcampfire