Home
I am putting together a series of M70s. I want the black synthetic stock (LA)the stainless use to be set in years back, before the shadow stock. Does anyone know where I can get one?
other tha putting a WTB add here on the fire , EBAY, gunbroker, auctionarms or gunsamerica is your best choice. maybe CDNN.
I may have one off a stainless classic in 300wm. I will check tonight and let you know.
Thanks
I have a short action I'd sell if you need one of those too. www.cdnnsports.com used to carry them.
Will this work? They look better than the shadow. I am assuming you can put a decelrator pad on them.

link
A $35.00 usps money order will get this to your door if you are in the lower 48. PM me if you want it.
[Linked Image]
Good deal right there. Not going to find a better one for that price...Those are actually one of my favorite stocks.. I don't mind the Tupperware if you bed them right..
Originally Posted by southwind
A $35.00 usps money order will get this to your door if you are in the lower 48. PM me if you want it.
[Linked Image]

Anyone know the weight of these stocks?
Right around 2 pounds, maybe a few oz's heavier... Say 35 oz's max...
Oh well. Weight it's no lighter than the wood stock at 34oz. I never would have thought a M70 XTR magnum bbl'd action would weigh so much. 5lb 9oz. THANKS for the info.
If you want to go lighter, look for a Brown pounder (Brown precision) stock, or McMillan edge, or even a high tech specialties (Bansner). Good luck in your search..
A lighter stock is the only route to go without smith work. But even a 20oz stock will only get it down to 7 3/4lbs using a 13oz scope including rings. Not really a top priority project at the moment anyways.
Southwind, That is my favorite factory stock. What years did Winchester use that stock design and is it a blind magazine?
© 24hourcampfire