Home
88 Collectors. I just listed my twin Model 88's in 358 Win with consecutive serial numbers on Gunbroker. When I bought them 10 years ago they were represented to me as unfired. I have never fired them. Bolts look new. Cloverleaf tangs, born 1956. Stocks, finish, bluing as new. fyi.
What is the auction number?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=550916142
Thank You Sir.
no longer available
Originally Posted by sheephunter2
no longer available

Buy now price of $9500? I would suggest looking for Savage 99 in same caliber. Last one I have seen listed was priced at $1200. Another nice rifle is BLR .358 which second hand in top shape will cost about $600. I guess if one drank enough alcohol with topped off with some legal canibis cigarettes buying those two Winchesters would seem ok.
Ah a Winchester Model 88 aficionado. Go figure.
Hey, Mr. Winchester 21 wants to know the value of one. Can you help? I do not want to dash his hopes. Should we suggest Sako Finnwolf .308?
Cloverleaf tangs very early 88,s a pair the sky is the limit on those. Kind of the holy grail on 88,s.
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Cloverleaf tangs very early 88,s a pair the sky is the limit on those. Kind of the holy grail on 88,s.

[Linked Image]

I am curious what happened to these.

BTW shooting an 88 in .308 is more punishment than I want and I would expect the 88 in .358 to be excruciating.

My 1957 88 in .243 kicked much less and was more photogenic:

[Linked Image]

nice rifles
Congrats on your sale. nice rifles.
Traded to an 88 collector where they will remain as a pair and unfired.
Originally Posted by sheephunter2
Traded to an 88 collector where they will remain as a pair and unfired.

Hope it works out for all
May God bless them for giving us hope, however, Mr Winchester 21 is still waiting for Model 88 .358 valuation. What no brave souls willing to help out? I will do ttt to help.
© 24hourcampfire