Home
Posted By: bsa1917hunter 270 fwt barrel on ebay - 04/09/16
Not affiliated, but wanted to show you guys this barrel. You don't see too many 270 fwt barrels listed anywhere. This one appears to be in excellent condition. sbrmike, may have been looking for one of these, but can't remember...

270 fwt pre 64 model 70 barrel

Not too bad of a deal either, for what it is..
Posted By: BobinNH Re: 270 fwt barrel on ebay - 04/09/16
bsa: They ain't easy to find. Nice snag for someone. I would bra it if I were you!

I noticed they did not show the barrel stamp or did I miss it somehow?

I got a spare..... wink

[Linked Image]
Back when I was wanting a 270 fwt, I would have bought this one in a heartbeat. You just don't see them for sale very often. I remember a member asking what a 270 fwt barrel would be worth. I think he was thinking about taking his off of his very nice rifle. This barrel is definitely worth the "buy it now" price. Bob, your barrel is a beauty. Looks damn near new!!
Posted By: BobinNH Re: 270 fwt barrel on ebay - 04/09/16
bsa: I am a fan of having "spares" or multiples of things that i like.

The reason that tube is such a good deal is not only as a spare but also might be screwed on another action should the chance arise. Compare that to the cost of buying a krieger, contouring threading and fitting etc. that barrel is a steal for $175.

Mine is maybe 15-20 years old. It is practically brand new and was stripped from an action to be used for a custom. by someone else. I paid maybe $75 bucks. It was fitted to an action and shot 6 rounds just to check it out. It shoots. smile
I hear you Bob.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: 270 fwt barrel on ebay - 04/10/16
I thought flee bay denied anyone selling gun parts. Did they relinquish their morals for the dollar?
Posted By: sbrmike Re: 270 fwt barrel on ebay - 04/10/16
They have always allowed gun parts. They restrict some gun parts and no guns/actions/receivers/etc.

No brass, bullets, or ammo or high capacity magazines.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I thought flee bay denied anyone selling gun parts. Did they relinquish their morals for the dollar?

I don't know where you've been or who told you that. I've been buying gun parts for years. Barrels, triggers, stocks etc.... Damn near anything on the gun except for the serial #'d receivers...
Posted By: southwind Re: 270 fwt barrel on ebay - 04/11/16
They did restrict some parts, mostly "assault weapon" parts. Anything listed as AR15 or AK47 etc. wouldn't take, you had to be creative with your language.

They might have even dropped that now I am not sure.

Wish I would have seen that barrel earlier, nice barrel, good deal.
Strange that he ended the auction....... shocked
Posted By: southwind Re: 270 fwt barrel on ebay - 04/11/16
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Strange that he ended the auction....... shocked

Did you snag up that sucker?
Damn it!!! I was going to snag it up. Went back to check the auction and it was gone. Seller ended the auction.. He came to his senses... cry Probably re-thinking his low price tag too..
Posted By: southwind Re: 270 fwt barrel on ebay - 04/13/16
Dag nabbit! That was a nice one.
Posted By: jt402 Re: 270 fwt barrel on ebay - 04/16/16
I'm the caretaker of a pre-war Model 70 .270 that was originally purchased by a family friend and has been in the family since 1960-62. The rifle is well used, no rust, padded and drilled (by original owner). Collector value has been lovingly used up.

I'm thinking of freshening this old lady up and loosing some weight in the process, as a pass down to grandson. If I run across a FW barrel, will it fit? With a good synthetic stock, barrel, and bottom metal, grandson and great grandson, can likely get another 65 years out of it.

Thanks,

Jack
Originally Posted by jt402
I'm the caretaker of a pre-war Model 70 .270 that was originally purchased by a family friend and has been in the family since 1960-62. The rifle is well used, no rust, padded and drilled (by original owner). Collector value has been lovingly used up.

I'm thinking of freshening this old lady up and loosing some weight in the process, as a pass down to grandson. If I run across a FW barrel, will it fit? With a good synthetic stock, barrel, and bottom metal, grandson and great grandson, can likely get another 65 years out of it.

Thanks,

Jack

Yep, a fwt barrel will fit, but good luck finding a fwt 270 barrel. The guy on ebay pulled his head out of his azz or was told by someone how rare the 270 fwt barrels are, so he pulled the ad. You can also have a classic 270 fwt barrel installed or a custom barrel with a fwt contour installed. Throw everything in a McMillan stock and you will be good to go.
Posted By: jt402 Re: 270 fwt barrel on ebay - 04/17/16
Thanks.......

Jack
© 24hourcampfire