Home
Posted By: ChuckKY DOB of Super X Model 1 - 04/30/16
I just bought an old Super X Model 1. Wanted one for a long time and found one for $359 at LGS today. Needs Wood to be refinished, but I enjoy that work anyway. Found Buffer, O ring and trigger pin from Midwest Gun, everything else looks good with gun. Was wondering if someone might help me with manufacturing date. Serial # M6275x . Appreciate as usual, Chuck.
Chuck,

I would approx the date of manufacture from 1976 to 1978. Winchester had Super-X's in their factory warehouse stored long before all the shotguns were sold. The best auto shotgun ever built along with the worst marketing program ever by Winchester which lost money on ever Super X sold.

If interested I have Super X-1 wood in factory boxes.

Doc
Posted By: Odessa Re: DOB of Super X Model 1 - 05/01/16
Definitely replace that buffer before shooting it. The RB in mine looked great, I ordered the Magnum Buffer from Wright's anyway, when I tried to pry the old one out it shattered - it had really hardened with time. Nice shotgun, I bought mine new from a hardware store in 1976 (has a four digit serial number M36XX from 1974).
Posted By: BKinSD Re: DOB of Super X Model 1 - 05/06/16
Nice buy on a great gun. I had two, down to one and think they are a real sleeper in the semi auto world. Good for you
© 24hourcampfire