Home
Posted By: aguyinAK Odd duck, and ideas? - 05/06/16
I have seen this one pop on GB a few times. I have looked through rule's book and found nothing on what this variation of gun this could be any one know?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=555282839
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Odd duck, and ideas? - 05/07/16
He's wanting way too much for that rifle. G&H side mount reduces value tremendously, the aftermarket pad reduces value, the metal thing inletted into the top of the comb reduces value. As far as variation, it is correct for it's timeframe. Rifle should have also been made in '37, according to serial #...Also, since you bring up Mr. Rule and his wonderful book, I urge you to look at page 74. Now look at the second rifle down... Have a good day buddy. I'm getting ready to go and make some money at a bowling pin shoot... wink

[Linked Image]
Posted By: aguyinAK Re: Odd duck, and ideas? - 05/07/16
Thanks will do. Go get em at the bowling pin shoot
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Odd duck, and ideas? - 05/07/16
AguyinAK: The bidding has ended on this rare variation - no bids were tendered.
And I also would not bid on that Rifle (for the obvious reasons) at any where near the asking price!
The rare barrel configuration is the main draw for me - but I would not bid 1/4th the "asking price" (buy it now price) the seller was asking just to get that barrel.
Sad that the Rifle was G&H'ed, medallions added and the "sights worked on" and missing!
Yeah I have seen a couple of 375 straight taper barrels on early guns.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire