Home
What is a fair price? Rifle has been re-blued and a recoil pad added. Otherwise excellent. Re-bluing it ruined the collector value, but would make a nice shooter. Was originally a Sears gun(from way back). Thanks in advance. John
Originally Posted by brassman
What is a fair price? Rifle has been re-blued and a recoil pad added. Otherwise excellent. Re-bluing it ruined the collector value, but would make a nice shooter. Was originally a Sears gun(from way back). Thanks in advance. John

I didn't know sears ever had anything to do with m1917's. Could you be a little more specific? Are you talking about a model 70? Also remember a picture is worth a 1000 words.
I have pic's. Not a model 70. I'll post tomorrow. John
http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q656/bmabrass/1917%20win.jpg

Early Winchesters had a parts interchangeability issue. If you are looking for a shooter, keep that in mind. 100 year old rifles break.

Sporterized 1917's go for about $250 around here. That's basically what you have with a hot blue job and a recoil pad.
Originally Posted by brassman

Cool old rifle. Should still be loads of fun to shoot. I'd say to the right person, it might be worth about $400.00, maybe a little less. As you said, the collector value went out the window with the bluing and recoil pad.
© 24hourcampfire