Home
This should have been a hoot to shoot, right?

[Linked Image]

Wrong!

Not fun when your 60 year old eyes can't focus on the rear leaf sight.

Will try it with a Lyman 66A.
Well if it's drilled on left side for receiver sights try that.
I'm getting 4"+ groups with the barrel sights. My eyes are 67. A good receiver sight will improve your groups substantially.
Throw a pair of 1.25x reading glasses on and see if your sight picture doesn't sharpen up.
Get a lyman peep but your focus point should be your front sight.
Also adding a 1/2 inch Decelerator recoil pad to mine helped immensely. I was flinching because it slapped me in the cheek with each shot. The stock is quite short and the soft rubber grips my shoulder better. Lyman or Williams peep is better than the factory barrel sight.
It would be blasphemy to mess with that gun, a slip-on Limbsaver would be a much better alternative....
60 y o eyes here too! Try what Gnoahhh suggest! You might be suprised!

Last Saturday at Quemado

[Linked Image]
Yep, most people who haven't shot open sights much (either ever or not for many years) assume the rear sight has to be in sharp focus. It doesn't. Instead only the front sight needs to look reasonably sharp, and be in the middle of the fuzzy notch in the rear sight.
All good suggestions........... except putting on a recoil pad. sick

It's not possible to have the rear sight, front sight and target in focus at the same time. Especially at your age (same as mine). Your eye will be able to center the bead in the rear notch even if it is blurry. Personally I find a peep sight to be the best option.
© 24hourcampfire