Home
Posted By: Levers Pre 64 Model 70 Swivels - 07/18/16
I have a mid 50's featherweight that has Uncle Mike's style sling swivels studs on it. They never bothered me much because functionally, they are better to snap a sling on and off with......but, lately I've become more interested in putting the right one back on. Does anyone have a correct set of swivels for a 1955ish featherweight that they'd part with?

I'd appreciate any help on making sure I get the right ones too. I'm not a model 70 expert and I don't know if there are multiple variations of the swivels.

Thanks for any help.
Posted By: southtexas Re: Pre 64 Model 70 Swivels - 07/18/16
I have a set that you can have. Some of these experts will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that they were all pretty much the same.

If you want to PM me your address, I'll send them your way.
Posted By: Levers Re: Pre 64 Model 70 Swivels - 07/18/16
PM sent. Thanks for the help
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Pre 64 Model 70 Swivels - 07/18/16
Sling swivels for Standard rifles and Fwts. usually had 1" bows. Some early rifles sported 1 1/4" swivels....
Pocono's a good guy to have around. He is correct. Most had 1" and some had 1 1/4". I believe the 1 1/4" were on the real early rifles, especially ones having heavier barrels. Basically reiterating what Pocono said... blush ..
Posted By: Levers Re: Pre 64 Model 70 Swivels - 07/29/16
Southtexas was nice enough to send me a set but the post office succeeded in losing them. The envelope arrived with a small tear in it and no swivels inside.....so, if anyone has a set, please let me know.

And, thanks SouthT for trying.
© 24hourcampfire