Home
Lucked out yesterday on a Fwt. 30-06 at an estate sale. A '61 version unmolested and appears never had a scope mounted on it. Yes, photos when are coming. So I'm just checking if someone has a good quality (McMillan style) stock out there unused and possibly for sale.
Thanks
Sounds like an awesome find. Good luck with your rifle. I know the one I have has kicked out many damn good 30-06 rifles from the safe. Just no need for any others after I bought that one. One of these days, I'll put it in the right micky myself, but for now it resides in it's original wood stock...
I always liked this one.

I am a bit less fond of the McMillan Compact on my other one but not by much.

[Linked Image]
As much as I like the pounder on my 338, I do like the hunters compact better on a fwt rifle. Different strokes...

What is the stock you like better than the McMillan?

Originally Posted by BobinNH
I always liked this one.

I am a bit less fond of the McMillan Compact on my other one but not by much.

[Linked Image]
BW, I'll keep an eye out for one, that 06' fwt/mcm compact is a great combo...sure glad I already have mine.
[Linked Image]
I'm with handwerk on this one..
boliep: It's a Brown Precision PoundR.

I have one like Handwork, too. wink

Here's the other one. I am very comfy with both.

[Linked Image]
Thanks to all, something will turn up, I'm sure.
I hope you find the stock of your dreams buddy.... laugh
Found one--------in my closet. I thought I had sold it. I should get in there and see what else is hiding. eek
Yep, sure sign of a rifle loony...oh joy no waiting!
You got that right!
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Found one--------in my closet. I thought I had sold it. I should get in there and see what else is hiding. eek

Damn, do you have an extra one in there? I could use one on my 30-06 fwt... laugh
No, but I found a hunting grade pre '64 Fwt. stock with a late style ventilated pad on it. Its good to have options, only its better to realize what they are!!
Ha ha... That's funny..
© 24hourcampfire