Home
Just passing one along:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...ight-270-win-pre-64.cfm?gun_id=100742029
Very tempting!
That rifle's been carried a lot and shot a lot. Looks like honest wear and the owner took great care of it. Stock's been refinished, but I agree it's an excellent deal. I wouldn't expect spectacular accuracy from that one, but I'll bet it's still in the acceptable range for a shooter. If rifles could talk, I'll bet this one could tell some stories..
Agreed fully BSA, that one will make someone a nice rifle, for some reason, IDGAC if an old rifle has been refinished, I'm not a collector and would much rather have clean sealed wood vs pithy oil soaked rotten originality............;] laugh
Originally Posted by gunner500
Agreed fully BSA, that one will make someone a nice rifle, for some reason, IDGAC if an old rifle has been refinished, I'm not a collector and would much rather have clean sealed wood vs pithy oil soaked rotten originality............;] laugh

I agree with you 100% buddy!!!!! It looks like the guy did a wonderful job, except he got into the checkering a little bit. What I see there is a very loved rifle. The owner either passed away or got too old to hunt anymore. I also give props to the Cablela's, there, giving a very good/honest description of the old girl.
bsa, I agree completely. Yes, it's refinished, but it appears he or somebody did a decent job. Looks like they toothbrushed the checkering out a bit before the refinish. As you said, honest wear, which would account for the crown being worn a bit.
Damn right, carried the finish right off that aluminum. grin

Gotta wonder how many times that rifle leaned against a tree while game was being dressed.
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Very tempting!

Have a good wood smith re-cut that checkering and you'll have a very nice pre-64 FW [270!!!!!] for under 1250, I would have already jumped if I didn't have one. smile
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Very tempting!

Have a good wood smith re-cut that checkering and you'll have a very nice pre-64 FW [270!!!!!] for under 1250, I would have already jumped if I didn't have one. smile

I totally agree...
I'd take it over a Classic or FN any day....as is.

And hunt it. whistle
Nice rifle. Carried a lot, yes, shot a lot, hard to say...
It's been shot a lot.. and not by a left handed shooter. Ask me how I know this.. wink
You should have told us it was your ad...
I wish I could justify another 270.

I already have an Ottmar and a Biesen in the rack in that caliber.
I saw a later pre 64 Win 70 Fwt at a gun shop yesterday probably a 1960 or so in very nice shape, like 98% but had a pad. $799 was on the tag. There was a nearly identical 308 Fwt with it for $999
© 24hourcampfire