Home
I'm predicting this one will be a steal if the seller doesn't add some decent photos.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/582276128
Might go cheap, a new seller with zero feedback doesn't garner much bidding confidence. Neither does zero knowledge of what he's selling.
Originally Posted by InternetGuru
I'm predicting this one will be a steal if the seller doesn't add some decent photos.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/582276128

As long as you know what it is. You might get it and find out it's a push feed that's only worth a few hundred dollars.. Good luck though..
From the pictures it's hard to tell just what style the action is.
Looks like a 1964-1968 or early 1970's pushfeed with cap on the striker and polished bolt body with no claw to me.
That's what it looks like to me too, but the pictures are pretty crappy. Hard to tell exactly what it is. I can tell you this, the stock isn't worth much..
More than likely a push feed. Kansas didn't have a deer season until 1961 and even then didn't see many hunting deer until late 60's and you don't find many pre 64's here.
I sent him a message and asked we will see.
I asked him if he could post close up of action and he said he couldn't. I then sent him photos showing difference between a push feed and a claw extractor action. So far nothing but crickets.

I'm pretty sure it's a push feed.
I heard back and it is a push feed.
I did the same it is a push feed.
Sold for $510. A bit more than I would have paid.
I've seen nicer XTR's go for less.. Someone must have really wanted it for some reason..
Or people got into a bidding war. I've seen that before.
Yes, I sold a left handed remington 788 that happened with. Ego's and inflated pocket books get in the way of good judgment..
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Ego's and inflated pocket books get in the way of good judgment..

I love it when that happens. I sold a DHE 20ga Parker that way. I got about 50% more than I thought I would.
I don't know. I kind of felt sorry for the poor bastid when I sold that 788. There aint no 788 worth that kind of money. LH or not... whistle....
Originally Posted by Bugger
Sold for $510. A bit more than I would have paid.

Holy smokes!

When I started this thread I was thinking $250 to $300 tops.
I was a little shocked, I gave the seller a few tips on posting that would help him get more money as far as photos and description.

Boy I was smart huh? He did quite well without my help!

I was thinking around $250.00 as well.

I wonder if there was enough doubt nobody wanted to say anything and hope they were stealing a pre 64? I don't know?

© 24hourcampfire