Home
Do any of you have experience with Borden stocks? I'm in the process of putting together a custom rifle, and was able to snag a Borden to try. Caliber will likely be 6.5x55 or standard 280 Rem.
[Linked Image]

M70 Classic action, Brux #2. 7 Rem mag/ Borden RR.
Beautiful rifle. Do you like this stock more than the Legend?
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
Do any of you have experience with Borden stocks? I'm in the process of putting together a custom rifle, and was able to snag a Borden to try. Caliber will likely be 6.5x55 or standard 280 Rem.

I had two of them on M70's, a Fwt 270 and Standard Weight 338 WM. It's a comfortable stock. They're not especially light if you're looking to shave weight. At least mine weren't. I do love the wrist on them, nice and slender, and not too open.
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
Beautiful rifle. Do you like this stock more than the Legend?

264: No.....but I like them both. smile
The Borden, née Rimrock, stocks are some of the best hunting rifle synthetics out there, IMHO. The original Rimrocks were hand laid fiberglass, not injection molded, I hope Borden has continued that construction.
The Borden, née Rimrock, stocks are some of the best hunting rifle synthetics out there, IMHO. The original Rimrocks were hand laid fiberglass, not injection molded, I hope Borden has continued that construction.
I don't think Borden owns that stock anymore.
That part of the business got sold several years ago.
© 24hourcampfire