Home
Posted By: timspawn Pre 64 70 stock options - 01/28/17
I may be getting a 1957 243 model 70. It needs a stock. Are there any sub $400 options in synthetics? Has anybody used a Boyds?
Keep an eye out for a used Mcmillan. I've bought several great stocks here for my pre 64's. Is the 243 a fwt?
Posted By: timspawn Re: Pre 64 70 stock options - 01/28/17
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Keep an eye out for a used Mcmillan. I've bought several great stocks here for my pre 64's. Is the 243 a fwt?

No, it's a standard rifle.
Posted By: handwerk Re: Pre 64 70 stock options - 01/29/17
I think in time you could find a used Mcmillan, rimrock or bansner, perhaps put a call out here looking for one. Also keep an eye out for one on Mcm's website or if you want wood there is always ebay, standard stocks ("shooter grade") can usually be had pretty cheaply there.
Posted By: PSH Re: Pre 64 70 stock options - 01/29/17
If you are at all handy and want to do some work yourself take a look at a high tech. I've used several and have no complaints. They come unfinished but I will bed them and do the sanding and body work to get them prepped. I have both painted and hydro dipped them. I believe they weigh in about the same as an McM edge as I recall.
Keep your eye out for a Borden, Pacific Rimrock as well, the .243 in std rifle is harder to come by than the fwt. very best WinPoor
Posted By: timspawn Re: Pre 64 70 stock options - 01/29/17
Do the McMillan and the others have the hole in the forearm for the screw?
© 24hourcampfire