Home
Posted By: Clarkm I bought an ok m70 today - 03/01/17
[Linked Image]

I was at the pawn shop picking guns like I was playing supermarket sweepstakes with money from the stock market after Trump's speech.

I don't need this rifle, but there is was.
A 1949 270 M70 with the open sights removed, a Lyman All American 4X scope, rebluing on the original barrel, and an aftermarket stock with Maple burl forend and palm swell.

I have (3) M70s and this would be the fourth, so for $675, why not?

Within minutes the wipe had detected a disturbance in the force on her credit card.
Ha ha.. My wife always knows when I use the credit card too. I think she has it set up to get notified.... Nice looking rifle though and looks like a great deal.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 03/02/17
In the words of Sgt Schultz (from Hogans Heroes for the younger crowd) My wife knows nothing, nothing.

That's a nice buy, congrats.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 03/02/17
Nice snag on the M70.

donsm70
Posted By: donsm70 Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 03/02/17
Nice snag on the M70.

donsm70

PS. My wife thinks that every rifle I own I "traded" for. I'm afraid to ask her where she thinks the originals came from. blush
Posted By: Cattledog Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 03/03/17
Nice buy on that good looking Model 70.
M70's can become a habit, as you're discovering...
Posted By: pal Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 03/03/17
Nice chunka wood.
Posted By: gunnut308 Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 03/05/17
Heck yeah! I have the same '49 in .270 and she's a shooter. It'll shine with IMR 4350 or RL22 under a 130 or 150 partition. Love these old beauties. Congrats!
Posted By: uncle joe Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 04/15/17
Originally Posted by donsm70
Nice snag on the M70.

donsm70

PS. My wife thinks that every rifle I own I "traded" for. I'm afraid to ask her where she thinks the originals came from. blush

In this case longevity is your friend. (36 years for me)
Before we were married and during the early years I acquired "cheap" guns that have since increased in value allowing me to sell/trade up to what I have today.
Posted By: Razz Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 04/15/17
Originally Posted by GSPfan
In the words of Sgt Schultz (from Hogans Heroes for the younger crowd) My wife knows nothing, nothing.

First off, nice rifle and buy!

As for the wife knowing nothing....while packing up a few weeks ago for our big move, I was emptying the safe and re-documenting the inventory details. The wife kept coming out and asking if I needed any help. After the 3rd trip to inquire I asked if she really wanted to help or was just taking count of how many? She left and didn't come back.
Posted By: beretzs Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 04/15/17
Nice score! I love P64's.. they are a true addiction.
Originally Posted by Razz
Originally Posted by GSPfan

First off, nice rifle and buy!

As for the wife knowing nothing....while packing up a few weeks ago for our big move, I was emptying the safe and re-documenting the inventory details. The wife kept coming out and asking if I needed any help. After the 3rd trip to inquire I asked if she really wanted to help or was just taking count of how many? She left and didn't come back.

laugh
Nice buy😀 I love used stuff. Think my next buy might be a lighter rifle in .270.
Posted By: Zengela Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 04/15/17
Nice rifle. I'm starting to have a little dough saved up. Will be hunting for a 270,30-06 or??? Who knows. All I know is its my money and I wanna buy a rifle. I'm not married. Wish I was but it didn't work out so I talk to my guns.
Posted By: aguyinAK Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 04/15/17
Nice gun. I have not usually been a fan of the .270, but I also can't seem to keep one around this joint. So maybe thats the problem. As for the Wife, when I was fist starting out I agonized over buying guns.. finally after a few years we came to agreement. She doesn't ask and I dont tell smile Although, if she ever finds out how many there are, or how much they are truly worth I do expect a rather abrupt conversation.
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 04/20/17
I heard a guy say that his biggest fear is when he dies, his wife will sell his guns for what he said he paid for them.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: I bought an ok m70 today - 04/20/17
Originally Posted by TOPCATHR
I heard a guy say that his biggest fear is when he dies, his wife will sell his guns for what he said he paid for them.

That's one I haven't heard in a long time, and it's still funny.
© 24hourcampfire