Home
I am looking for value on a Winchester model 12 20 gauge with 30 inch full choke barrel no rib just smooth field grade gun, over all condition 80% wood factory uncut
About $400. A bit more for an early nickel steel gun. That's real world value, not necessarily book value.
That would be a pretty pricey Model 12 in my neck of the woods. I would say at lest $800.
Wow!
I figured between 900-1100 I saw one on Gunbroker that was a 30 in an had another complete barrel forend assembly with 26 inch cyl matching numbers an it got bids up to $2200 an the reserve wasn't met for that gun.
Ok, my mistake....I overlooked the 20 gauge part. A 20 with a 30 inch barrel is a fairly rare bird. $800-$1000 wouldn't be crazy money. Mea Culpa!
It's hard to get that kind of money for a Model 12 without a rib...even if it is a 20 ga. Don't get me wrong...it's a nice gun, but I sure wouldn't buy it expecting to get that much when selling it. The most money paid will come from some collector...collectors tend not to even buy Model 12's with no rib, just sayin'.
You don't see a lot of 30 inch barrels in the smaller gauges, 16, 20 and I have never seen one in 28. That being said I have a 16 gauge 30 inch modified and have only seen one other 30 inch 16 here in Connecticut.
Model 12's these day just don't bring the money they used to regardless
© 24hourcampfire