Home
Posted By: RAS Old West Snake Oil #2 - 03/30/17
All:

Some of you may know about Old West Snake Oil. Anyways, I finally ran out of my first bottle that I bought years ago. And this was mostly due to the fact that the better half found it and discovered that it could be used for things other than firearms. So I go online to to order and discovered that there is a new product that they offer. At least new to me and it is called #2. It is a darker version that is designed to match the pre-64 Winchester reddish finish. So I go ahead and order one along with an original bottle, or #1.

The results on darker wood guns are pretty darn nice. It has less of that glossy finish look and blends in better. I put it on a Savage post mil F that has darker wood and it made it look better, much better. Same with my pre-64 Model 70s. Basically, I really like the results.

So if you are going to order some, check out the #2 version. It might be worth the $ to you because it is designed for Winchesters.

Oh, it you are going to order both #1 and #2 versions, it is better to order over the phone. Their site does not have a cart so you have to order them separately if doing it online. The guy says he will only charge you for one shipping, by why take a chance.

Hope that helps..
RAS

http://oldwestsnakeoil.com/
© 24hourcampfire