Home
So, I ended up buying a Model 55 in 30wcf. Came from one of the nicest collection of Winchesters I've ever seen. I will get more pics uploaded, but the collection was astounding! This was the only rifle I could afford, but I am glad I got it. $1600 bucks after taxes, but the condition is beyond words.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
WOW, NICE! Heck of a markdown from $2800
The collection had some of the nicest 1894s you've ever seen. Takedown 25-35, First year production in 38-55, he even had one with an original box. All the 1894s sold, and they wanted this one gone to make room for another collection they purchased. It was actually marked down a couple times, but I couldn't let it sit when he agreed to my $1600.
Many years ago when I owned a gun shop in the Finger Lakes area of New York we purchased a large collection of Winchester M/94's & M/64's. Seems as though the collector had been going to gun shows for years and buying every MINT rifle he could get his hands on. There were M/64's in .219 Zipper and .25-35, M/88's in .284 & .358, the guy bought rarity as well as condition.
Very nice rifle!!!!!
I know how you can make a quick $100.00! Congrats!
Hawkman0206: Congratulations on the deal and the nifty Winchester - those are hard to come buy in the condition that one is in!
Good for you.
Is the front sight original/missing a hood I can't see it that well in the pics?
Enjoy!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Awesomeness
Did Win every make a solid frame 55? I saw one today at a gun show in 32 sp. button mag was in real nice shape too. barrel was stamped md55 dealer said they were rare, Just wondering!
If I recall they started making them the last 2 or 3 years of the model 55, thinking 1930-1932? I would have to check, but I know they did.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hawkman0206:
Is the front sight original/missing a hood I can't see it that well in the pics?
VarmintGuy

They weren't grooved for hoods like the longer ramps on the M94/64/71/70 rifles
I didn't think they were. Thanks for verifying! Based on the collection it came from, I highly doubt anything on it isn't original.
© 24hourcampfire