Home
Posted By: MLF Kimber Of Oregon LH - 02/19/22
Was browsing RIA upcoming silent bid auction for march 2nd. Discovered two Kimbers LH, both model 82 in .22LR.
1) lot # 353, stunning wood character a true classic.
2) lot # 657, first time seen in laminated wood.
Not affiliated in any way, just helping fellow lefties spend their money.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Kimber Of Oregon LH - 02/19/22
I am wondering if the laminate is a restock. But not sure what makers would even have made a lam stock for it, unless it was custom, or out of the Kimber custom shop.
Posted By: MLF Re: Kimber Of Oregon LH - 02/19/22
Not for certain but a good guess. Over the years, I have seen barreled actions for sale. Probably, when they closed shop in Oregon, inventory was dispersed. Years ago, the only and best originators of the laminated stocks was a company in Montana. They became Serengetti later and they folded also. I remember calling them about 15 years ago and they wanted $1,500 for a fitted stock laminated walnut. I think they built it. It is quality, just never got into the look.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Kimber Of Oregon LH - 02/20/22
There was a laminate made in Oregon. I'll have to look up the details.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Kimber Of Oregon LH - 02/21/22
I have seen other laminate 82's but they are not common. They were called the Rimfire Varminter. Here is what the Blue Book says about them:

- 22 LR only.
- Model 82A action
- Barrel is medium heavy, free floating, 25''.
- 5 or 10 shot magazine.
- Rubber buttpad
- 8 ΒΌ lbs, Mfg. 1990-91 only.

Notes:
- The barrels were left over All-American Match Rifle Production, which had an accuracy guarantee of .3'' at 50 yards.
- There was also a Hunter Grade, similar to the Rimfire Varminter with Super America configured barrel & action with low glare metal finish. Mfg. 1990 only.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Kimber Of Oregon LH - 02/25/22
KenMi: I purchased a new in the box Kimber of Oregon Model "Ultra-Varmint" Rifle in caliber 221 Remington Fireball back on December 1st of 1994.
It has a factory stock "laminated stock".
I do NOT recall seeing a rimfire Kimber of Oregon Rifle with a laminated stock right off hand - but based on my Rifle and the variety of "things" available from Kimber of Oregon back then I would NOT doubt the laminated stock being factory on the Rifle in question.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire