Home
Posted By: broomd SS M70...what's it worth? - 06/28/23
Guys, curious on realistic value with this one...
Stainless LH M70 New Haven Classic in .30-06. Wears a minty Zeiss 2-9x40 conquest in Leupold rings. Red butt pad.

Gun shows a bit of stock wear, but still overall very nice. Action is likely the smoothest I've ever cycled.
Not sure of round count.
Value for bare gun? With scope?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks...
Posted By: Lgraham Re: SS M70...what's it worth? - 06/28/23
Very Interested, Please PM me as I'm unable to send you a message.
Posted By: nhenry Re: SS M70...what's it worth? - 06/28/23
I had a buddy who sent me that while it was on Gunbroker and I'd have bought it at the 1500 it was listed at if I had the funds currently.
My best guess is 1600-1800 for the rifle.
Scope? At least $400, probably more.

List the rifle for $2,000 on online sites. Or do a 14 day auction of Gunbrokers starting at a penny. You can always go lower if the market dictates.
I’d sell the rifle and scope separately. I’d think you’d get $1,700 at least. A bidding war could certainly drive it past $2k.
Posted By: broomd Re: SS M70...what's it worth? - 06/29/23
Thanks for the insights fellas. All appreciated.
Posted By: broomd Re: SS M70...what's it worth? - 06/29/23
Originally Posted by Lgraham
Very Interested, Please PM me as I'm unable to send you a message.

Luke, your inbox here is full.
I messaged the phone number I called you at.

F.
IIRC, Utah708's LH SS M70 chambered .30-06 brought right at $2,000 a couple years ago on GB. Since then, prices have been up and coming back down. If I were not in a hurry, thinking something in the neighborhood of $2,000 for the rifle.

GLWYS !
Posted By: broomd Re: SS M70...what's it worth? - 06/30/23
Originally Posted by Orion2000
IIRC, Utah708's LH SS M70 chambered .30-06 brought right at $2,000 a couple years ago on GB. Since then, prices have been up and coming back down. If I were not in a hurry, thinking something in the neighborhood of $2,000 for the rifle.

GLWYS !
Thank you, W.
I sold this gun to a solid young fella from Alaska. I could've sat on it awhile for bit more $, but he's been looking for a long time for the .06 chambering and will put it to good use.

In the end, that is simply more gratifying to me.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: SS M70...what's it worth? - 06/30/23
Originally Posted by broomd
[
Thank you, W.
I sold this gun to a solid young fella from Alaska. I could've sat on it awhile for bit more $, but he's been looking for a long time for the .06 chambering and will put it to good use.

Well done, Classy move.
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by broomd
[
Thank you, W.

Well done, Classy move.

+2 ...
© 24hourcampfire