Home
I have a Remington 700 LH Varmint 22-250, composite stock, and fired less than 50 rounds, that I'm thinking of selling.

Would greatly appreciate opinions of a fair market price. Will probably bring it to the 2013 Hog Hunt to sell. There has to be a few lefties there.

Thanks guys.

Steve
Well, now that will be a nice item on the swap meet table! Hmmm....

The chum is in the water........................<grin>
$550-600ish.

George
I might be interest in the rifle . Let me know what you want for it and i will see you at the Hog Hunt.
If this isn't the SPS model a quick perusal of Completed Auctions on GB may help you.
I'd say ~$650
If I may go off on a bit of a tangent, what would a straight LH 700 BDL (wood stock) .22-250 in excellent condition bring? Standard sporter barrel, not varmint model.

Paul
The only model number on the rifle is 700. I could not find another reference. The rifle has a grey composite stock and a fairly flat forend and a 26" heavy barrel.

A picture might help but I'm computer stupid and have no idea how to post one. Friends have tried to help me but I seem to be impervious to computer help.

Steve
Steve i have the same rifle in 223 , I did shorten the barrel to 24 inch and re-crown.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Paul39
If I may go off on a bit of a tangent, what would a straight LH 700 BDL (wood stock) .22-250 in excellent condition bring? Standard sporter barrel, not varmint model.

Paul

The LH 700 BDL S.A. seems to do a bit better than the varmint version. I've seen them go for upwards of $800 in the GB.

I checked Gun Broker and got nothing. Will try again. Someone has got to be selling a rifle the same as mine.

Steve
Not sure if you still thinking on selling but I believe Jim in Idaho sold his for like $550ish on Gunbroker. That is if I remember correctly. May want to PM him. But this was 1 year or two years ago so his price may not reflect today's price.

I think you can probably get around $600 for yours considering what the newer LH Varmint 22-250's models sell for on GB.
Take the action out of the stock and see if there is an aluminum bedding block built into the stock. At one time Remington offered these with higher end syn stock. I used to have one but sold it before shooting it. If you have this version I would peg the value at $700-750.

When you researching Gunbrokers search the completed auction pages
Snow-

You want another one? Like that plus cash for your 300?
Have no use for one. And I don't have a 300 for sale.
Sorry. Thought you had a LH 70 on GB
I do, a 300 WSM. Thought you meant a 300 Win Mag.
My bad. Been in a percoset fog for the last couple of days.
I just paid 650 for a LH 700 VS in the 22-250. The lh VS was taken out of production in 2007, Would have liked to had the VSF but couldn't find any.
I have a lil cousin that is left handed and she loves to shoot. She is 8 years old and this gun may be alittle heavy rite now but she will grow into it. I would love to get her a left handed gun. What is your asking price? How does it shoot?
NMSSHOOTER

PM sent.

Steve
So my question is why would you sell it in this day and age. That action can be used to make up all kinds of calibers.

BTW: The one I have is in .308.
Two reasons.

First, I don't need another project. Have too many now.

Second, I can use the money to complete some of my current projects.

Steve
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
Two reasons.

First, I don't need another project. Have too many now.

Second, I can use the money to complete some of my current projects.

Steve

Okay was just curious.
I believe I paid $800 for a brand new VSF about four years ago if that is any help.
Reggie,

Thanks,

Steve
$600 +/- is about right...
© 24hourcampfire