Home
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,119636.0.html
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,119636.0.html
Posted By: 30338 Re: Link to a 700 LH in 270 $425 - 03/09/13
That is an FS and a helluva deal. Hoping it sells as I am trying to downsize.
Yea, nice deal! Looks like that 270 is in pretty nice shape.
I just noticed that the ammo sleeve is on the wrong side for a lefty unless you wanna torn up face!

I bought the 30-06 in that ad, and the guy was great to deal with.
I so want to take advantage of the great deal here but I have altogether too many .270's already.

An FS you say?

Never had one of those before.
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I so want to take advantage of the great deal here but I have altogether too many .270's already.
Shilen can stick one of their pre-threaded, pre-chambered barrels on it for about $600 and have it back to you in a month. It could be a 7x57mm or 6.5x55mm or a .280 Remington fairly easily.
The 24HCF hog hunt and a new S&W Shield have me tapped out for a bit or I'd be scrambling to make it happen. I could slum another 270 and or donor for that price, easily.
A 7x57 would be nice.
Or a 9.3x62mm. Or if you really wanted to be funky, a 7x64mm. (Take that .280 Remington lovers!)
Dammit Brick, knock it off.
This is an absoluely smokin' deal on one of the most "under the radar" rifles Remington ever produced.

That's a Brown Precision stock on a M700 made when Remington was at the top of their game. They once had the reputation of being the most accurate rifles out of the box, with "the best factory barrels in the business", and this is one of those. I've had two FS models, a 7mm RM and a current .30-06, and they were/are extremly accurate right out of the box. Very consistent as well, they hold zero year after year.

I sold the 7RM to a local fellow 15 years ago and every year he tells me about the latest pile of game he's killed with it.

This is one of the rarer of the 4 chamberings, the most common ones you'll see are .30-06 and 7mm RM like mine - that is, when you see them at all.

Folks spend mucho bucks to get a lightweight rifle, my FS with Leupold VX-II 3-9 and Talleys weighs 7 lbs 3 oz, with a 4X is barely shades 7 lbs even. A McMillan Edge would set you back over $500 to start with a long wait and you'd still end up with a 7 lb rifle if you rebarreled a standard sporter M700. You could probably beat that weight but at what price? $1200, $1500 for a new barrel and Edge stock? Here's a great rifle ready to go, with a scope, for $425. Heck, flip the scope for cheap and make this an even better deal.

It would be tantamount to sacrilege to rebarrel this, you'd be throwing away a great barrel and throwing money into a rifle that doesn't need an extra cent to be hunted hard just as it is.
Or a .338-06 or a .35 Whelen.
I have a 06 that I bought from 30338 a few years ago. Damn fine rifle and if I had seen this a littel sooner I'd have been all over that 270, and I hate 270's.
Those are fine stocks on those rigs, really nice. And that one you got has a sweet Shilen trigger on it. Hope you shot something with it!
yes, I took a moose and a monster bu with it this fall. I hope it's making you proud.
That Shilen is really a good trigger on it. I like a wider shoe, but it's too slick to mess with.
That is awesome! It really seemed to shoot good the few rounds I put through it. Wonderful light weight rigs those FS models.
I have two LH FS 700s and they have camouflage paint from the factory.

George
Some were flat grey also. I like the camo ones a lot also.
Anyone looking for an FS new takeoff? I have a gray LH long to sell.Going in a different direction.This one fits std. calibers factory barrel channel with the pressure point built in front.Never been on a gun.Has Remington factory pad and blued sling swivels.

Send me a PM if interested.I'm going to put it on the classifieds if nobody on this forum wants it.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Link to a 700 LH in 270 $425 - 03/10/13
Pm sent
Sure glad this rifle was finally sold!

And to a member here as well.
That was a really great deal, I never knew they made that particular model before. Very nice especially for $425.
© 24hourcampfire