Home
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/18/14
Like most Lefties, I have a handful of nice rifles. I usually keep all of them Safe Queens.

Which has me considering a real "using" rifle. Here in NE Washington(not that I can draw all the tags at once) I can/have encountered bear, moose, elk and two species of deer in the same morning.

I think the old 300 Win Mag a real viable option for an All Arounder. I do need a rifle I ha e ZERO feelings for and can use hard.

I don't mind a 26" tube. Out of a Hawkeye(24" unless I'm mistaken) or a Remington of some flavor(usually a 26" tube?) what are the options for a 300 Win Mag in a Using Rifle in LH?
Posted By: gerry35 Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/18/14
A Savage would fit the bill or maybe a Tikka T 3 , both come in 300 Win Mag.
Posted By: bea175 Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/18/14
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
Like most Lefties, I have a handful of nice rifles. I usually keep all of them Safe Queens.

Which has me considering a real "using" rifle. Here in NE Washington(not that I can draw all the tags at once) I can/have encountered bear, moose, elk and two species of deer in the same morning.

I think the old 300 Win Mag a real viable option for an All Arounder. I do need a rifle I ha e ZERO feelings for and can use hard.

I don't mind a 26" tube. Out of a Hawkeye(24" unless I'm mistaken) or a Remington of some flavor(usually a 26" tube?) what are the options for a 300 Win Mag in a Using Rifle in LH?

Left Hand 700 in 300 RUM
Posted By: anie Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/18/14
Like my model 70 in 300 win mag with a pacnor, animals get to runnin if they c it
Coming, don't ya know
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/19/14
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
A Savage would fit the bill ...

Kinda like one of these...

http://www.class3weapons.com/savage-22204-116flcss-lh-bolt-300-winmag-24-3-1-detachable-box-mag-ac/

http://pistolandpawn.com/shop/savag...3-1-detachable-box-mag-accustock-ss.html
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/19/14
Tikka T3
Posted By: rta48 Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/19/14
I just can't imagine a T3 in 300 WM being any fun to shoot at all!

Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/19/14
One of the best values is the blue/synthetic Savage 111 Trophy Hunter package with Nikon scope for about $500.
Posted By: coyote268 Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/19/14
I have the Tikka LH in 7mm mag and the Savage in 308. They are both tack drivers. With the Savage I took off the Nikon scope and put DNZ mounts with a Leupold on. The Tikka I also put DNZ mounts with a Leupold scope on. The recoil of the 7 isn't bad as I put on a limbsaver pad on it. As a matter of fact, my Daughter shoots a Tikka 7mm with no problem which also has a Limbsaver on it. I think the 300 recoil would be alright if you put a good pad on it. Either rifles would be a good choice.
Posted By: Huntr Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/19/14
I would grab a Rem SPS and maybe drop it in a McMillan.
Posted By: Fjold Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/19/14
I'd rather shoot my nice rifles.
Posted By: leftycarbon Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/19/14
I have a .300 with a limbsaver...not bad at all.

LC
Posted By: MOG Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/20/14
Tikka T3 or if you want to all out a Sako 85 with a McMillan on it, although that may defeat the beater idea....
You could also get a Zastava in 300 Winnie?

Regards,

MOG
Posted By: gerry35 Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/20/14
Originally Posted by Huntr
I would grab a Rem SPS and maybe drop it in a McMillan.

That would be a good choice as well and can be easily customized later if necessary.
Posted By: broomd Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/20/14
It is surprising how some magnum rifles fare well with recoil and others don't.
The stock configuration and pad can make a world of difference.

As I get older I really would rather not deal with it, it's short actions or non-magnums now for the most part, especially since I really enjoy lightweight rifles.
Posted By: whit Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/20/14
I have a Savage 116flcss in 338win mag. I don't notice its recoil being any worse than the 7mm rem mag barrel that I put on it.
Posted By: shooter42 Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/20/14
i'm with frank, I hunt with all my rifles. the opinion is whether you think they are nice.
max
Posted By: DaddyRat Re: A LH "beater" 300 Win - 04/20/14
Originally Posted by whit
I have a Savage 116flcss in 338win mag. I don't notice its recoil being any worse than the 7mm rem mag barrel that I put on it.

That is a GREAT rifle. I have one in the same caliber, which I do not believe they offer anymore.
© 24hourcampfire