Home
I am searching for an edge fill McMillan stock for a left hand winchester model 70 sa. Let me know what you have, or if you see one somewhere else. Thanks!
aren't we all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need the SA LH M70 first...
Originally Posted by Orion2000
The WSMs were short action, therefore that part isn't a problem.
Yeah. I am actually putting the stock on a left hand montana 1999 action I have.
Originally Posted by Bricktop

Forgot about the short mags. Was thinking about .473 bolt face. Can't recall ever seeing a LH SA M70 in a non-magnum chambering. Did they make/sell any ?
The Winchester Custom Shop produced 0.473" bolt face short action Model 70's for a short while.
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Forgot about the short mags. Was thinking about .473 bolt face. Can't recall ever seeing a LH SA M70 in a non-magnum chambering. Did they make/sell any ?
As we've discussed before, yes, Winchester/USRA's "custom" shop offered them prior to the 2006 closure of the New Haven facility. Someone had a "custom" shop-produced left-handed Model 70 in .308 WCF on Gunsamerica in 2005 for a cool $2500.

As has also been pointed out, the MRC actions are just bastardized Model 70 knockoffs.

None of this is new information.
Have you converted one before? Just did one Mcmillion would not re inlet one. The tang area is a little short and metal will be slightly proud. After finishing I find I prefer the FW style of stock.
I have not done the conversion yet but I have fit a MPI stock to my lh tikka t3 and I can't imagine it would be more work than that. I am actually starting to think about buying a rh high tech stock and switching it over, it would save a bunch of money and I really like the high tech I already have for a 700.
Its not that hard of a conversion just wanted to make you aware that tang area will be short.
© 24hourcampfire