Home
Posted By: RLI Winchester 375H&H Safari Express - 08/13/14
Hello,
I am after a Winchester Safari Express in 375H&H if any one has one for sale I am interested, Thanks!

Cheers
Steve
Here is a link to one on GB. I am not affiliated with this sale. Good luck.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=434029701
Nice rifle but it seems a bit pricey.

DF
I agree. Probably why there are no bids yet. Someone will likely come along and decide they need it.
$1,200 would be a top price, IMO.

DF
Been awhile since I've seen an LH Safari Express for sale. One sold in the classifieds here for $1800 a couple years ago. A LH Super Express sold on GB for $1550 in July. Sold one of mine last summer for $1800+. Depends on how bad you want/need it.
thanks for the link, would any one know the actual gun dealer in Mesa as a friend can check it out?
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

It's hard to find a nice left handed safari express though. They really put the screws to us lefties. If BACO started making left handed rifles, the prices on these New Haven's would drop..
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

DF

It's hard to find a nice left handed safari express though. They really put the screws to us lefties. If BACO started making left handed rifles, the prices on these New Haven's would drop..

Wow, didn't know you lefties got treated like that.

I guess it's supply and demand.

My quote was generous for that gun with the bolt on the correct side... grin

You guys must be "high maintenance" or something... cool

DF
It's the left handed law of supply and demand, which is like the normal law of supply and demand only exacerbated.

If you're buying - "It's left handed, they're rare so it's really expensive!"

If you're selling - "It's left handed so it ain't worth a damn, no one wants'em!"

On the rifle in question, that's toward the high end for these but actually not ridiculous given the market. A good clean LH .30-06 or .270 will top $1000 easily.
Seems like a little bit of the blush has worn off LH M70 prices lately. However, for a LH M70, factory .375H&H, close to new, with the original box, $1800 is probably not out of the realm of possibility.

DF

Wow, didn't know you lefties got treated like that.

I guess it's supply and demand.

My quote was generous for that gun with the bolt on the correct side... grin

You guys must be "high maintenance" or something... cool

DF

Why do you think all of my bolt actions are right handed. I can't afford the left handed model 70's sick blush
Maybe you hiding your affliction... blush

Just a thought... grin

DF
There have been a number of lh 70's on the auction sites lately for sure. There are 5 on Gun Broker now.

Just a thought... grin

DF

Left eye dominant: Natural left hand shooter. No "affliction" to be had. wink.
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop
Here is a link to one on GB. I am not affiliated with this sale. Good luck.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=434029701

Someone wants it. One bid so far.
Looks like two guys are interested now. Curious to see how high this goes.
Well, the auction is now up to $3,375. These two guys keep out bidding each other.

Bad news is the current high bidder backed out of his most recent win on GB.
Wow! That exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. I figured it might touch $2K, but not $3K+. Wonder what NIB would bring. Might be time for a garage sale.
That price $3565 is getting in to Dakota price range! all is not lost I bought a CZ 550 375H&H lefty for $1700 NIB so will play with that but I will still look out for a Safari Express!

cheers
Steve
Just... Wow...
Seems crazy but what do I know.

Just a thought... grin

DF

Left eye dominant: Natural left hand shooter. No "affliction" to be had. wink.

I'm recruiting impairment sympathy. I'm left eye dominant, right handed... smile

DF
$3,565 final price. Someone really, really, really, really wanted this and let their "really wanted" overpower their common sense.

That is crazy when you could get a custom made Montana or even a Dakota for similar money and would have overall a better rifle.

I mean, it's a nice enough rifle as is, but it's still a factory Model 70. I had one and it wasn't three thousand five hundred dollars worth of nice.
Auctions bring out the strangeness in people. I once auctioned a 458 Lott MRC on Gunbrokers and it had a "buy it now" price as well. The two people bidding on the rifle just kept on bidding until they were about $300-400 above the buy it now.

The really weird thing about these lefty W70's is surely someone at corporate gets feedback from someone to see what these rifles are going for yet they continue to ignore us. Even if they offered a special order program all would benefit.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Auctions bring out the strangeness in people. ...

Yes... And not just firearm auctions...
I've got one in the safe just as nice as the one on GB.
I'll gladly let someone have it for that price!
Originally Posted by RLI
That price $3565 is getting in to Dakota price range! all is not lost I bought a CZ 550 375H&H lefty for $1700 NIB so will play with that but I will still look out for a Safari Express!

cheers
Steve

At those prices this Lefty will stay with his right handed Bolt Actions. I refuse to pay those inflated prices and have the wife take a beating when she sells them after I'm gone.
I am in Australia and for a lefty Winchester 375 you now have to pay these prices! if you can find one!
I just don't see there worth it, heavy barrel poor balance prefer the the LH SS 375 Ruger and prefer the cartridge. Sold a LH Rem 700 & LH Win 70 375 H&H, prefer the Ruger.
© 24hourcampfire