Was thinking Tikka or other litewght
No Remingtons pls
PM if you have a lead.
Thanks, Rich
Posted By: 700LH Re: LH 222 Bolt Rifle WTB - 12/14/14
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=457528453
Posted By: Paul39 Re: LH 222 Bolt Rifle WTB - 12/14/14
$1200 for a CZ LH? Dayum!

That "select wood" doesn't look much different from my ordinary LH CZ bolt rifles, or others I've seen. The one magazine and rings mentioned in the ad are just standard with a new rifle. Don't know what other custom features this rifle might have to make it worth $1200. For that money any decent gunsmith could install a new barrel in .222 Remington on any CZ bolt rifle, and probably include some tuning, and maybe an aftermarket trigger.

Ruling out a Remington while looking for a LH .222 Remington sure limits the OP's choices. Finding a reasonably priced donor and rebarreling seems like the most practical option.

Paul
Posted By: nitrosonic Re: LH 222 Bolt Rifle WTB - 12/15/14
Thanks Guys,
I'm not down on Rems , Had lots of 'em over the years still have some ; Just searching for a Rifle that fits the cartridge a bit better , as in size & weight .

Rich
Posted By: bea175 Re: LH 222 Bolt Rifle WTB - 12/15/14
The best way to get what you want is to build one. I used a Remington LH 223 Action to build my two in 222, with Shilen #4 and McMillan #7 barrel, . Both rifle shoot into the .2's and 3's with H322 powder and the Sierra 53 gr BR Bullet. build , barrel and chambered both rifles myself

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nitrosonic Re: LH 222 Bolt Rifle WTB - 12/18/14
Very Nice Rifles, The top one w/Lam' stock would be my choice of weight /style if I were a bit younger.
I am seeking something lighter,and ready to go ; can't take the time for another build.
Hell , I'm not even buying green Bananas !
Was thinking I might luck out on Tikka w/ wood or plastic so I could get right to work with it.
Maybe there's some lite wgt out there I don't know about;
Guess I'm just lookin' for simple, lite , short 222 .
Any more ideas ? Thanks for all so far !
Rich
Posted By: bea175 Re: LH 222 Bolt Rifle WTB - 12/18/14
Look for a used Remington 788 or 700 in 222
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: LH 222 Bolt Rifle WTB - 12/18/14
Eurooptic may have what y you're looking for, if you're looking for a new rifle.
Posted By: coyote268 Re: LH 222 Bolt Rifle WTB - 12/18/14
Try grabagun in Texas. They have very good prices and cheap shipping.
Posted By: nitrosonic Re: LH 222 Bolt Rifle WTB - 12/22/14
Thanks , Will look them up

Rich
© 24hourcampfire