Home
Posted By: win7stw LH 700 trigger options - 02/26/15
Does anybody else make an aftermarket trigger of a left hand 700 other than Timney?
Rifle Basix makes one similar to the Timney, Jewell makes a three lever design which can safely be taken down to a few ounces but they're about twice the cost of a Timney. Off the top of my head I think Shilen makes one but I'm not sure if it specifically takes a left hand safety.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: LH 700 trigger options - 02/27/15
Most of my LH rifles have a Timney... The Jewell is supposed to be a better trigger. However, I can't see that I would get 2x the improvement over the Timney for 2x the price...
Posted By: rost495 Re: LH 700 trigger options - 02/27/15
Jewel is twice the trigger. Except most folks don't need the difference and can't tell the difference.
Posted By: badwolf Re: LH 700 trigger options - 03/01/15
I'm looking too, but I'd like to use my old safety that locks the bolt. Not sure if it would work on a timney?
You could get the info straight from the horse's mouth.

Ask a Timney Technician
Posted By: badwolf Re: LH 700 trigger options - 03/01/15
Thanks, I'll ask the horse
Posted By: win7stw Re: LH 700 trigger options - 03/02/15
Originally Posted by rost495
Jewel is twice the trigger. Except most folks don't need the difference and can't tell the difference.

I am probably one of those people so I went with a Timney.
You can still buy an old style trigger from Numrichs. Done properly, they're still as good as a timney or Shilen for a lot less money.
I've got a Timney, a Shilen, and a Jewell but I'm just as happy with old style factory Remington triggers after re=springing and a little polishing.
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
You can still buy an old style trigger from Numrichs. Done properly, they're still as good as a timney or Shilen for a lot less money.
I've got a Timney, a Shilen, and a Jewell but I'm just as happy with old style factory Remington triggers after re=springing and a little polishing.

Yup -- Timneys are kinda Remington's with nuts instead of screws.

I've "worked over" 4 older 700 LH triggers and have a Timney on one newer 700 LH VS. Can't really tell the difference.
© 24hourcampfire